Seans quote on the new WR, Cory Fuller (1 Viewer)

Pa.Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"There’s a handful of things we like about him, and we think he is young."

We think he's young, "Comon Man"

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Payton's always used "I/we think" in odd ways during press conferences, interviews, etc.

"I think he's a guy who has speed". Things like that. Even when it's things that are very measurable and not really all that subjective or open to interpretation.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton's always used "I/we think" in odd ways during press conferences, interviews, etc.

"I think he's a guy who has speed". Things like that. Even when it's things that are very measurable and not really all that subjective or open to interpretation.
Yep...my favorite is when he starts off an answer with:

"What I think is this......"

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
In football speak, "young" means raw, green and stupid.

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"young"? What an odd thing to say.

Young (to me) is 22 year old rookie. This guy is 26 years old, going into his 4th year in the league. Perhaps not old, but not exactly a rookie.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This thread delivers.

Was there a problem with his birth certificate? We may have a new version of the birther controversy.

cajnwillie

Retired Air Force
Reaction score
we think he's young = Mickey found this guy who might sign for minimum money, oh and if he can learn the playbook, Drew will make him a household name.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It means he has potential. Sean says a lot of meaningless stuff, but this isn't one of them.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"young"? What an odd thing to say.

Young (to me) is 22 year old rookie. This guy is 26 years old, going into his 4th year in the league. Perhaps not old, but not exactly a rookie.
He's football young. He was on a track scholarship at Kansas when he made the decision to transfer back home to Virginia Tech and play football with his brothers. He ended up really only playing his senior year, so he essentially has one year of college football under his belt.

He has been in the NFL for four years, but has a very limited number of snaps so far, so he is still very inexperienced in terms of actual game participation. Coincidentally, the dude can flat out fly. he had something like a 4.35 in his combine 40.

My guess is that Joe Lombardi liked his skillset during his time in Detroit, and felt he would be a better fit in Payton's offense that he is in Jim Bob Cooter's. He wasn't anything super special at Virginia Tech, but I'd not read too much into that. He had good stats in an offense that at the time made LSU look like RGIII's Baylor squad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom