Anyone else excited for the new Dune? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yes, very excited.

The announcement of the movie made me go back and read the original book. I hadn’t done that since High School. I ended up reading all six of the books.

So yea, I can’t wait. I just hope it lives up to the hype.

Loved the book. Liked the movie, but then I saw Jodorowsky’s Dune and was disappointed at what might have been. Hopefully, this new version will be great.

It’s one of my favorite books (really couldn’t get into the later books). I think it’s a tough one to adapt though. There’s just too much world-building to really translate. I hope I’m proven wrong.

I loved the books. Own all and have reread them many times. Detested the Dune movie, although the Sci-Fi one wasn’t too bad.

I loved the books and the Movie. Books are always better than their movie adaptations imo for obvious reasons.

I never could get into the first one so no I don't care about this one.

You might not be aware of this, but the movie made huge departures from the books. The movie was visually stunning for the time but it missed out on many key themes.

Loved, loved, loved the book. (Well, the first one....)

If ever a movie was made too soon before further advances in CGI and movie making, it was this one. I thought Lynch did pretty well with it, but it needed more and better visuals you just couldn't have made at the time.

It can't be a single film, it needs to be in three parts. It's gotta build. This is not a two-hour movie, or even a two-and-a-half hour movie.

And, god willing, no Sting this time.

Best of luck to the folks in charge this time.

Loved, loved, loved the book. (Well, the first one....)

If ever a movie was made too soon before further advances in CGI and movie making, it was this one. I thought Lynch did pretty well with it, but it needed more and better visuals you just couldn't have made at the time.

It can't be a single film, it needs to be in three parts. It's gotta build. This is not a two-hour movie, or even a two-and-a-half hour movie.

And, god willing, no Sting this time.

Best of luck to the folks in charge this time.

If I recall correctly, they've already said that the movie will be released in two parts. So at least they are giving enough film time to tell the whole story.

Super excited!! It looks like quality casting and a great director. The book is on my night stand halfway through a 3rd read through. I liked the movie. I do an annual rewatching of the Sci-Fi channel miniseries (Dune and Children of Dune) which were excellent for the budgets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom