Season Outlook NFL (1 Viewer)

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know it's 7 weeks in, but does COVID-19 have something to do with how teams are playing?

So far, 17 teams are at or below .500. Of the 17, only 3 teams are at .500. 6 of those teams have 1 win records and of course the Jets are leading the pack at 0-7.

It just seems like it's the good vs the really bad looking at the schedules. There are some teams that have the talent to have better records, but mental mistakes or big turnovers are haunting them. Some are big injuries losses like San Fran, Dallas, etc. Just interesting to me to see both conferences so lop sided.

No minicamps, no OTAs, no preseason games, all the Covid testing, distancing, masks, etc. There are no normal schedule or processes. These dudes are all out of whack.

I know it's 7 weeks in, but does COVID-19 have something to do with how teams are playing?

So far, 17 teams are at or below .500. Of the 17, only 3 teams are at .500. 6 of those teams have 1 win records and of course the Jets are leading the pack at 0-7.

It just seems like it's the good vs the really bad looking at the schedules. There are some teams that have the talent to have better records, but mental mistakes or big turnovers are haunting them. Some are big injuries losses like San Fran, Dallas, etc. Just interesting to me to see both conferences so lop sided.

Someone posted last week that this is the least 'parity" the NFL has seen since the pre-free agency days.

In the past 2 decades, you'd have a few really good teams, a few really bad teams and then a middle area of teams that were knocking each other around and occasionally knocking off the really good teams. So there was a balance of sorts.

This season, the bad are really bad and the middle of the pack are above average. So there's a lot less middle keeping things even.

Someone posted last week that this is the least 'parity" the NFL has seen since the pre-free agency days.

In the past 2 decades, you'd have a few really good teams, a few really bad teams and then a middle area of teams that were knocking each other around and occasionally knocking off the really good teams. So there was a balance of sorts.

This season, the bad are really bad and the middle of the pack are above average. So there's a lot less middle keeping things even.

So do you think this trend will continue? I'm looking at schedules and based on records, this trend continues to get worse as far as it being lopsided. Considering some of those bottom teams probably want to tank the rest of the season, I just see it continuing to get ugly.

Do you think this will also impact TV viewers? If their teams are doing that bad, people may not continue watching games. Bad enough with the limited fans, but I think it will also affect broadcasts.

So do you think this trend will continue? I'm looking at schedules and based on records, this trend continues to get worse as far as it being lopsided. Considering some of those bottom teams probably want to tank the rest of the season, I just see it continuing to get ugly.

Do you think this will also impact TV viewers? If their teams are doing that bad, people may not continue watching games. Bad enough with the limited fans, but I think it will also affect broadcasts.

Hard to say. This is an unprecedented season in many ways.

The issue is that for the NFC (which is the only conference I follow), the East is so bad that they aren't beating anyone but other East teams and the East is matched up with the NFC West - a division where everyone is over .500. So the East isn't likely to drop some Ls on the West, so you could theoretically have 4 teams in the West with 10+ wins. That really hurts the chances of one of these non-division winning teams from making the playoffs (despite the field expanding by 1 team this season).

No minicamps, no OTAs, no preseason games, all the Covid testing, distancing, masks, etc. There are no normal schedule or processes. These dudes are all out of whack.
Also... when you're already on bad team. Year is already wasted. No one is really trying.

Funny... because someone has to win the 7th seed.

Also... when you're already on bad team. Year is already wasted. No one is really trying.

Funny... because someone has to win the 7th seed.

So you're saying the Jets have a chance? :ROFLMAO:

Definitely more scoring, poor defenses. Think 15-20% more points this year compared to last year.

The icing (pun intended) on the cake for me is how the Falcons are actually trying to win, but find ways to lose. I think by the end of the season, we will see our conference get close, other than the Falcons finding ways to lose.

I don't believe in tanking for a draft pick, and this year has so many college "opt outs" that all 32 teams should be able to land a top 10 pick.

Last edited:
I don't believe in tanking for a draft pick, and this year has so many college "opt outs" that all 32 teams should be able to land a top 10 pick.

Depends on if those players that opted out stays in shape. Might do them more harm than good if they don't have the discipline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom