Season starting to look like disaster (1 Viewer)

Personally, I think this team is going to be dangerous. If we stay healthy, we could go all the way.

I think this is his point...having our players available has been a huge problem this off-season.

Still, this will be a fun season and I think we will be competitive in every game.

I’m not seeing where the chicken littles are coming from. Offensive line is better than last year with a full camp. The defensive line looks as good if not better with Davenport finally looking like he should. Sure we have a few weeks of suspension to deal with, but that’s been known and prepared for all camp. Linebackers are potentially better with a year of experience for some of the younger guys. CB is a question at one spot, but there may be an answer that just arrived from Houston. Still have Kamara, and our backup has looked pretty good. Thomas will eventually be back, but until then we have a bunch of hungry young guys who have put in a lot of time with Winston. So really there are 3 big questions. WR, TE, and Winston. Winston has seemed to take the coaching and stepping into the leadership as well as can be expected. He has every physical trait you could ever ask for. If he plays within himself, and allows his skill players to do their thing instead off trying to do everything we will be better than good.

We typically start slow so by game 6 we will be rolling. I could be wrong we could come out swinging and go undefeated. Thats the beauty of the nfl gameday.

I'm a pessimist by nature but even I think this level of gloom is ridiculous before we've even played a game. Generally, I think you've got to wait about a month before you get a true feel for a team (and even then, there are exceptions - the 90 & 00 squads made the playoffs despite 1-3 starts).

Alot of changes and new guys will have to step up. I think we may have some growing pains this year, but as the season goes along I think we will see them get better and better.

Between the losses in personnel due to salary cap and now injuries piling up, I just don't see a way for this team to win more than 6-7. Armstead's back acting up again now before first game and we all know Peat will be lucky to play 10 games. I feel bad for Jameis because he might not have a good chance to succeed.
The only consolation is that we all sort of expected this after the Brees era and I don't want to see us just patching here and there going forward by spending draft picks. I do think that the Roby trade was a necessary one as I believe this is Lattimore's last season as a Saint. I would be more apt to trade vets for draft choices rather than vice versa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom