Season starting to look like disaster (1 Viewer)

Between the losses in personnel due to salary cap and now injuries piling up, I just don't see a way for this team to win more than 6-7. Armstead's back acting up again now before first game and we all know Peat will be lucky to play 10 games. I feel bad for Jameis because he might not have a good chance to succeed.
The only consolation is that we all sort of expected this after the Brees era and I don't want to see us just patching here and there going forward by spending draft picks. I do think that the Roby trade was a necessary one as I believe this is Lattimore's last season as a Saint. I would be more apt to trade vets for draft choices rather than vice versa.
What do you say after watching today’s game! Who Dat?

Between the losses in personnel due to salary cap and now injuries piling up, I just don't see a way for this team to win more than 6-7. Armstead's back acting up again now before first game and we all know Peat will be lucky to play 10 games. I feel bad for Jameis because he might not have a good chance to succeed.
The only consolation is that we all sort of expected this after the Brees era and I don't want to see us just patching here and there going forward by spending draft picks. I do think that the Roby trade was a necessary one as I believe this is Lattimore's last season as a Saint. I would be more apt to trade vets for draft choices rather than vice versa.
So now that the Saints looked like the best team in the NFC and Lattimore signs a five year extension, what say ye?

Good Lord this didn't age well.

Admittedly everyone was in wait and see mode but the thing was, We already saw what Jameis can do on short notice and with a full gameplan as designated QB1 I was pretty confident he could execute. We didnt sign Mitch Trubisky here. Jameis was already a 5k passing qb with a lot of confidence. We just had to bring out that FSU champion Jameis.

I’ll tell you where this OP guy is, right here in Jacksonville still partying after going to that game with my son-in-law who bought us two club seats on the west side of the stadium in the shade! Neither The Oracle at Delphi nor Nostradamus could have pulled off as specific and spectacular a reverse jinx as I did. The Saints were inspired by my post and the Packers came in overconfident. We all know these players all follow this Saints Superforum Board.
Stand by for next week’s version later in the week. There’s lots of material building like Lattimore’s thumb Davenport’s undisclosed injury, McCoy’s barking knee and Dante Harris’ suspension, to say nothing about the stellar play of Sam Darnold, Christian McCaffery and the Panthers’ pass rush. Oh Lord, how can the Saints compete?!

I’ll tell you where this OP guy is, right here in Jacksonville still partying after going to that game with my son-in-law who bought us two club seats on the west side of the stadium in the shade! Neither The Oracle at Delphi nor Nostradamus could have pulled off as specific and spectacular a reverse jinx as I did. The Saints were inspired by my post and the Packers came in overconfident. We all know these players all follow this Saints Superforum Board.
Stand by for next week’s version later in the week. There’s lots of material building like Lattimore’s thumb Davenport’s undisclosed injury, McCoy’s barking knee and Dante Harris’ suspension, to say nothing about the stellar play of Sam Darnold, Christian McCaffery and the Panthers’ pass rush. Oh Lord, how can the Saints compete?!
you’ve committed yourself to 16 more weeks of these posts. Hope you were training in the off-season.

Had to work and because of the time difference I just saw the game this morning on GamePass. I thought to myself - honestly - that we are not as badly positioned as "experts" predicted, but that was really a statement. And as is so often the case, it's the little things that make the big picture come together.

I think it should be clear by now that Jameis had a really tough time in Tampa. He had all the pressure - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Doug Martin was the best running back he had in his time in Tampa, that says it all - he didn't have an O-line and actually had to carry the entire game. This cannot go well. CSP Offense is tailor-made for him.
Kamara was Kamara and when Kamara is Kamara, the defense only sees taillights. Dude's an alien.
Tony Jones Jr. was amazing and really seems to be the perfect addition to AK41, it already reminded me heavily of AK41 and Ingram today.
Trautman places incredible blocks. Unbelievable how he blocks lanes open.
Juwan Johnson looks like Jimmy Graham 2.0, only more stable and with significantly better blocks, which actually puts him way above Jimmy.
The entire O-Line is just amazing. And you can see the difference to other teams at nearly every snap. Crazy how much time Jaboo had on that one snap. It's a shame that he couldn't find an open receiver, but he could have taken a coffee break and still didn't have to run for his life.
The defense, from the DT to the safeties and cornerbacks, was in full swing. Next-man up works better than ever. Adebo looks like the steal of the draft. Great game from the rookie. These Defense is lethal. If Onyemata and Robey are also there, we will probably even feel sorry for some of our opponents.

Yes it was just a game and yes there will also be games where it will be much more difficult and yes there will also be setbacks and yes also injuries and yes it will not always be as "easy" as it was against the Packers. But man, what a statement that was in week 1. When Thomas also returns to the Offense and Tre'Quan maybe someday remains halfway injury-free. I'm excited as hell and can't wait til next sunday.

Wonder what my neighbours were thinking when someone yelled WHO DAT at 7:30am out of the window...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom