Season starts after the Cincy game! (1 Viewer)

12/10 at Dallas 12:00 PM CT

I just don't see the Saints being able to go into Dallas and beat the Cowboys. The Saints are surely capable of, but I think the Cowboys are too much for the Saints defense especially if Romo continues to play well. Hopefully Dallas goes on to win the NFC East. 27-20, Dallas. (9-4)

I'm not too worried about Dallas. Their defensive stats were piled up against the likes of teams w: offense ratings as follows: Jax (20), Wash (16), twice, Tenn (27), Arizona (28). The best teams they played Philly (1) & NYG (10) racked up 38 & 36 points on them, reespectively.

So far this season we have won 3 out of every 4 games. Now at just past the halfway point we have started the 3rd quarter of the season off with a loss. As per your post, it would indeed be great to win the next 3 games and remain on target, but regardless of that, we need to show that we can indeed beat a good team which we haven't done so far. You may try to build up the teams that we have played but even with that consideration, look at who we've lost to. Carolina who is 4-4 or 4-5 right now but a team that we always have trouble with and a team with a top defense that isn't yet in the playoff picture, Baltimore, another team that was 4-2 when we played them and also another team with a top defense that is in the playoff picture at this point, and Pittsburg, a team reeling at 2-6 and another top defense that came out and beat us. The teams we beat so far don't have top defenses or great offensive talent, so when a sportswriter says that we haven't really beaten anyone they are in essense correct. Every tough opponent we have faced has beaten us, these are the facts. Now, coming up we have the explosive Bengals that are also wounded and on a 3 game losing streak and this is the same exact scenario we have faced 5 times so far this season against the likes of Tampa Bay (2 wins), Baltimore (1 loss), Pittsburg (1 loss) and Carolina (1 loss) and the only team we beat was the worst team of the bunch. I don't think we can say that we are confident of a victory this Sunday because this is the same type of "TRAP" game we have lost 3 times this season. Then we still have the Falcons and as we all know, we can never be sure of beating them and then the 9ers who I think we can pretty much figure is a team we should beat and then Dallas. So far coach Payton has not beaten a team that he has coached with the head coach of on another team and we have already been schooled by Dallas in pre-season which I know doesn't mean much at this point but you could see the mismatch in coaching. With Washington having injury problems, I can see us beating them without much problem, but the Giants and then Carolina, this could spell the end of our season and no playoffs with a record of 8-8.

Dallas is the most overrated team in the entire NFL. Romo is garbage. IMO, he's much like Delhomme in that he's a gamer, but like Delhomme, I think he's got the "panic" arm. He'll throw that costly interception when he's rushed. Without Steve Smith/Terrell Owens, they'd be back-ups. The Saints IMO, match-up favorably with the Cowboys. They're dependent on defense and we're dependent on offense. We've shown we can produce against any defense and they've shown they can't stop high powered offenses.

The trap game is San Francisco. Frank Gore is exactly the type of RB who will give us fits.

Good post. I would love for the Saints to get on a roll, and reel off 6 or 7 wins..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom