Season starts after the Cincy game! (1 Viewer)

WeatherNLU

Very Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens this week against Cincy, our season starts for real (if we consider ourselves a playoff team) next week.

Right now we are sitting in a good position......6-3, 2-1 in the division and 5-1 in the conference since two of our losses came against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

The last 6 games of the season are all huge. They are all against conference teams and two of them are against NFC South foes.

The Washington and San Francisco games seem as though they are not as important since they are games we should win and neither are teams that are in the hunt. However, they really all are. Washington seems to be cashing it in with the switch to Campbell and the loss of Portis. San Fran is a must win against an inferior conference team.

The other two conference games, New York and Dallas are against teams that if we lose the division we will be fighting for a wild card spot with. We already hold the edge over Philly, and we need to win at least one of these games, and would be nice if it were the team that eventually loses out on the NFC East title. We want head to head advantage over any possible wild card team.

The final two games, Atlanta and Carolina, well I don't have to explain. With both of them now only one game behind us, these games are critical. The December 31 game against could seriously end up being for the division.

Here's what I see for the rest of the season.

11/19 Cincinnati 12:00 PM CT

I really think we bounce back and win this one. The home crowd is huge for this team and with Horn coming back and the 12th man on their side, they pull it out 31-27. (7-3)

11/26 at Atlanta 12:00 PM CT

The Falcons are on the verge of an implosion and the Saints are the better team IMO. The question is can they go into Atlanta and win there. I think they can and do, 27-17. (8-3)

12/03 San Francisco 12:00 PM CT

A must win game in conference against a seriously inferior foe. Great game to have at home. 34-14, Saints. (9-3)

12/10 at Dallas 12:00 PM CT

I just don't see the Saints being able to go into Dallas and beat the Cowboys. The Saints are surely capable of, but I think the Cowboys are too much for the Saints defense especially if Romo continues to play well. Hopefully Dallas goes on to win the NFC East. 27-20, Dallas. (9-4)

12/17 Washington 12:00 PM CT

Another must win game against a team that the Saints should beat. Again, a good game to have at home. Portis will be on the verge of coming back, and Campbell will have a couple of games under his belt, so this isn't a gimmie. However, I like our chances at home. 30-17, Saints. (10-4)

12/24 at N.Y. Giants 12:00 PM CT

I hate the fact that we could lose both games to the NFC East teams, but this is another game that is going to be hard to win on the road. The Giants could be healthier by this game and we don't seem to have much luck at the Meadowlands. If we lose this game, the division might be critical, although 10 wins should get us in. 20-17, Giants. (10-5)

12/31 Carolina 12:00 PM CT

This game is going to be a good one. It's probably going to be for the division and is a good candidate for the Week 17 flex game if the Saints and Panthers are vying for the division title. Hopefully we're already in at 10-5, because the Panthers are a tough team to beat.

Leaving this one to the imagination.

Beat Carolina we are 11-5, division champs, and probably get a first round bye and a home playoff game.

Lose to Carolina we are 10-6 and probably playing a wild card game.

What do you guys think?

I agree big time with what you said. I say if we are going to drop some games now is the time. We have to start the playoff run against these NFC teams. As you all know, sometimes it is not the best team that advances in the playoffs but the hottest. We need to get hot at the right time and go into the playoffs on a roll. I have no confidence in the Giants game. Something about playing them up there is just not good for us. Man, it seems we play them on the road every year, almost like they are in our division but we never get them at home. I will say if Carolina continues to play like they did last night, they will have a hard time making the playoffs and that game may not be all that important. Dallas and Atlanta will probably be the toughest ones and I would say we split them. I also think one of the so called easy ones will either give us a big scare of we will drop one. Carolina really doesn't impress me from what I saw and Atlanta looks like they are team about to collapse. It is gonna be real interesting down the stretch. It feels really good to be in it down the stretch. It has been a long time since we could talk about these types of scenarios.

I agree too. Good post, just one correction:
12/17 Washington 12:00 PM CT

Another must win game against a team that the Saints should beat. Again, a good game to have at home. Portis will be on the verge of coming back, and Campbell will have a couple of games under his belt, so this isn't a gimmie. However, I like our chances at home. 30-17, Saints. (10-4)
Portis is on IR.

The season started against the Browns. The play off push starts against the Bengals. This is a must win game as our schedule only has 2 locks (wins) in 49'rs and Redskins. So by beating the Bengals we would have 9 wins secured under our belt

I just don't see Carolina going 5-2 the last seven games considering the way they've looked and the competition: St. Louis, @Wash, @Philly, NYG, Pitt, @Atlanta, and @NO. I'm thinking 4-3 tops, so even if we finish 10-6 losing to them again we win the division (the Atlanta implosion being a given).

I have been comparing schedules for Saints, Giants, Chicago, Atlanta and Carolina and I think we have a good chance of being the #2 seed in the playoffs.

I have been comparing schedules for Saints, Giants, Chicago, Atlanta and Carolina and I think we have a good chance of being the #2 seed in the playoffs.

I think the sompetition for the #2 seed is Seatte because of their schedule and their starters are coming back

Sorta offtopic, but sorta ontopic. How far out are they scheduling the flex games? I have tickets to the Carolina game, but I don't wanna schedule a flight back early on Monday morning if the game is going to run into midnight on Sunday night. Anyone have any idea?

we were told at the fan board meeting that the saints were being "saved' for a nighttime slot move up. i still have hopes our saved game will be new years eve against carolina. we'll have to see. that would be AWESOME. GO SAINTS.

Largely agreed. Still, I want a #2 seed. We've NEVER had a bye week in the playoffs, even in our two 12-win seasons, which shows you the buzzard's luck we've had even when things were going well. Therefore, every game from here on out is important, and you're just trying to stack up wins, survive and advance.

I agree with much of your thinking but I see the saints going into Dallas and beating them at this point. Romo is playing well, they have the receivers, and they have a running game. However, Dallas plays a similar ball control game like the saints but they have not shown the ability to have quick strikes like the saints have been doing when they need a score.

Saints defense is not great but I see the saints defense holding up better against the dallas offense than the dallas defense against the saints offense.

As for the rest of the schedule, I am at a loss right now to know what saints team will show up week to week. Twice in three weeks we've seen the team self destruct and that worries me. If the saints do not self destruct I see them losing 1 maybe two games.

If they self destruct they could lose 4 quick ones.

I agree exept in respect to the Dallas game! I'm thinking Coach Payton takes this one very personnally and tries everything to beat his old friend/nemesis?? Whatever, he wants to win this one badly and I like the home games we have ahead. The Giants! Wouldn't it be GREAT to take that from them in their own house? You bet!

Otherwise, I feel we go 10-6 or 11-5 and get the #2 Seed! ( I hope !!!)

!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our only losses have come to 3 defensive teams (yes, Pitt was a top 10 defense before our game). This is why I think we should take care of Cincy (28th), Atlanta (20th), San Fran (25th), and Washington (30th)

We should be able to get Carolina (17th)

The tough ones will be Dallas (3rd) and New York (10th)... With New York's injuries, I think we take that one.

I say we go 5-2 over our next 7, assuming we limit our turnovers.

I say we should play the Giants at home this year, since we played our home game last year on their field!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom