Season ticket pricing (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I got my season tickets a couple weeks ago but i just noticed something when i took them out to get tonight’s tickets. Did anyone else notice that they lowered the price of the preseason games and raised the price of the regular season? Are they doing this for single game purchases too or is this just an optical illusion to make season ticket holders feel better about being forced to pay regular season prices for practices?

I think they started with this last year or the year before that.

I will almost guarantee you that the reason for doing this has to do with their future decision for preseason games. I am sure they have known for years that 4 preseason games were going the way of the dodo. When it gets chopped down to two or whatever number that it becomes the cost of the season tickets package wont change much because the regular season games are now higher.

They started that a few years ago. Just to make you feel better about the preseason being the same price for an inferior product.

When they first did this, the prices varied across the set of tickets. I guess they tried to guesstimate the value of each game. This season, it looks like they lowered just the preseason tickets and the regular season games are the same.

Bottom line - it's still based on an average ticket price per game like it used to be, they just distribute the funds unevenly, now.

I will almost guarantee you that the reason for doing this has to do with their future decision for preseason games. I am sure they have known for years that 4 preseason games were going the way of the dodo. When it gets chopped down to two or whatever number that it becomes the cost of the season tickets package wont change much because the regular season games are now higher.
Excellent point that i never thought of, i was just thinking it was to make us feel better but yeah, now if they get rid of a ps game they only have to lower the price $36 instead of $72, at least in my seats.

You will also notice if you have not yet that some of the bigger games are priced higher then the others!

The way to look at it is this. Take your total cost for your season tickets and divide it by 8 games. For the 53rd year I have decided it’s worth it. For me the preseason is free

You will also notice if you have not yet that some of the bigger games are priced higher then the others!
Not this year. All regular season games are the same price.

I’ve never seen the saints do this. LSU and the Pels, but not the Saints. unless they are trying different things in different sections. Some people have said that RS and PS had different prices last year, but mine didn’t until this year. Maybe they’ve tried different prices for different RS games in some sections and not others. You know, try different things in different sections, see what type of feedback they get from each before going stadium-wide.

They did it two years ago, maybe three. Then I think they went back last year to even pricing.

I hated it because I used to donate my preseason tickets to charity. They reduced the value of the donation when they did the variable pricing on top.

I think they started with this last year or the year before that.

2016 was the first year, then last year they went back to all the same price, now this year back to variable pricing.

I’ve never seen the saints do this. LSU and the Pels, but not the Saints.

Check your ticket stubs for the Falcons, Seahawks, and Broncos games in 2016 and the Falcons, Patriots, and Bears games in 2017 compared to the other regular season games those years.

2016 was the first year, then last year they went back to all the same price, now this year back to variable pricing.

Check your ticket stubs for the Falcons, Seahawks, and Broncos games in 2016 and the Falcons, Patriots, and Bears games in 2017 compared to the other regular season games those years.
2018 was my first year back as a season ticket holder since the 90s. So that may ‘splain it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom