Seasoned Bird Shot! No more lead pellets! (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Figures some hunter in Minnesota would come up with this:

Season Shot is made of tightly packed seasoning bound by a fully biodegradable food product. The seasoning is actually injected into the bird on impact seasoning the meat from the inside out. When the bird is cooked the seasoning pellets melt into the meat spreading the flavor to the entire bird. Forget worrying about shot breaking your teeth and start wondering about which flavor shot to use!

READ MORE

http://www.seasonshot.com/About.cfm

So far the hands-down winner for best invention of the new millennium.

I wonder if they can do it with buckshot?

I must also thank you, DD for that link, which led me to this one http://www.gamefair.com/ . I'm happy they don't spell it with an "e" on the end. It probably wouldn't do to show up at GameFair with all my D&D stuff.

Is this a spoof site? Doesn't seem to be, but who knows. :)

Assuming it's real, I wonder what the heck the coating is on those pellets. It would have to be very strong to keep from disintigrating when fired, yet melt when you cook the bird and it has to be edible.

I'm still trying to figure out how the pellets don't turn into dust when they're fired. The ballistics on them can't be the same as lead or steel shot. They'd be much lighter.

wow amazing.. what a great idea. for real.

Is this a spoof site? Doesn't seem to be, but who knows. :)

Assuming it's real, I wonder what the heck the coating is on those pellets. It would have to be very strong to keep from disintigrating when fired, yet melt when you cook the bird and it has to be edible.

I'm still trying to figure out how the pellets don't turn into dust when they're fired. The ballistics on them can't be the same as lead or steel shot. They'd be much lighter.

I was thinking that, too. Probably about the same characteristics as rock salt. I wouldn't think heat so much as moisture as the melting mechanism for the coating.

Those guys are going to get rich off that if it works.

The garlic flavor should be great for vampire hunts.

and I used to worry about wether to use 4, 5, or 6 shot for squirrel...

Joe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom