Seattle’s Mayor isn’t too happy about N.O Mayor Campaigning for Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

Soooooooo..... sounds like ... Pelicans for Russ?

Deal! 🤣

No way. Even if you're not into basketball, breaking news: we have this guy on our team named Zion Williamson who looks like he's going to be the best player in the NBA in 2-4 years and will bring a ton of money, fans, attention, and maybe even championships to New Orleans.

I love the banter, but I just can't see Seattle trading Russ. I mean it would make some of the high profile contracts on their roster stupid if you aren't planning on winning.

Russ is 32 and has been sacked a whole lot. His style is also very "on the fly" and our offense hasn't been that in this era. He's a great QB and I would love to have him, but not at the sacrifice of losing defensive players because we can't pay them and losing draft picks. I've watched enough Saints football with bad defenses and I feel like we are 2-3 players away from having a truly elite defense. We need to keep drafting well because you need those lower contracts to keep a great roster. And if we give away all of our 1st round picks we also can't expect to hit on mid to late round picks as major contributors all the time. Our only questionable 1st round pick lately has been Davenport and maybe Peat. But let's not forget the gems we have drafted in the 1st round which have drastically improved our team. Guys like Mike Thomas, Lattimore, Ram, McCoy, Cam Jordan were all 1st round picks. Even Deuce, Mark Ingram, Will Smith, Kyle Turley, Willie Roaf were all 1st round picks. Letting go of those picks is not as easy as some think. That being said, I'd still probably do the deal because of who our coach is and the way he wants to play.

No way. Even if you're not into basketball, breaking news: we have this guy on our team named Zion Williamson who looks like he's going to be the best player in the NBA in 2-4 years and will bring a ton of money, fans, attention, and maybe even championships to New Orleans.
Like Chris Paul and Anthony Davis before him. He'll get awesome and leave.

Last edited:
Seattle had Kevin Durant when they got shipped.

Spoiler alert, we have had CP3 and AD (generational franchise changing players) on this team from 2005-2006 through 2019-2020 (15 years) and we have made the playoffs 5 times, and have never gotten past the 2nd rd.

I love Zion, and have high hopes for these Pels, but I would trade The Pels for Russ. At least the Saints know what they are doing.

cp3 was amazing(still is) but lost to better teams(spurs with duncan and prime ginobili and parker). AD and the team always physically fell apart. Plus AD wasn’t an alpha.... he needs someone else to play off of.

Zion is different. Sure his defense needs work, but it’s getting better. If the refs ever give the kid his due, and he gets a consistent 3 pointer.... kid will run the league.

Lived in Seattle from 2015-2018. The weird mental gymnastics that “SuperSonics fans” go through to blame New Orleans for losing the Sonics makes zero sense.

So... Katrina happened, hornets were displaced and played in OKC... then they went back to NOLA, and that vacuum left in OKC caused the Sonics to move there... and somehow that’s New Orleans fault? And she says she “doesn’t want to go there”? No, let’s go there you dumb politician please do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom