Seattle’s Mayor isn’t too happy about N.O Mayor Campaigning for Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

Ty for the insight.
Is he better than AD?
Right now? No. He has the potential to be though.

They have different games though. Zion is almost unlike anything we’ve ever seen but I would say you can compare him to a more gifted Larry Johnson (from the old Hornets) or a Charles Barkley. He’s only 20 years old and is already dominating players like Shaq did in his prime.

AD had/has amazing talent but he doesn’t have that desire or passion to want to be the best. Ala top athletes like MJ, Bron, Brady, Brees had.

Chris Paul wasn’t as talented as AD but he had a passion/desire to be great that we haven’t seen on our team since. If AD had Chris Paul’s desire, he’d have multiple MVPs by now.

If Zion stays healthy and maintains the passion and desire to be great, the sky is the limit for him.

Watch us lose a pick for tampering.

And what's with the way she pronounces New Orleans? I want to ask NOLA people what is the correct pronunciation?

Right now? No. He has the potential to be though.

They have different games though. Zion is almost unlike anything we’ve ever seen but I would say you can compare him to a more gifted Larry Johnson (from the old Hornets) or a Charles Barkley. He’s only 20 years old and is already dominating players like Shaq did in his prime.

AD had/has amazing talent but he doesn’t have that desire or passion to want to be the best. Ala top athletes like MJ, Bron, Brady, Brees had.

Chris Paul wasn’t as talented as AD but he had a passion/desire to be great that we haven’t seen on our team since. If AD had Chris Paul’s desire, he’d have multiple MVPs by now.

If Zion stays healthy and maintains the passion and desire to be great, the sky is the limit for him.
Loved LJ. I grew up across the street from the Thomas and Mack Center and went to thousands of Runnin Rebel games. Good times! Grand-ma ma, the plastic man (Augmon) , Armon Gilliam. Man that all takes me back.

Anyhow, I hope Zion does stay, and thanks again for the info.

How did this gremlin ever get elected in the first place? O-M-G.

So many reasons this video was a terrible idea:

1) Russell Wilson is under contract with another franchise. It's not too awfully far of a stretch for the Seahawks and the NFL to assert tampering and try to hold the Saints accountable.

2) Russell Wilson cannot make Seattle trade him to New Orleans. Yes, he has a no-trade clause and has leverage to make Seattle miserable by not trading him, but the freaking Mayor of NOLA is basically asking Russ to be an ***hole to the franchise that drafted him, helped him win a Super Bowl, and gave him a $100M+ contract, in part because she's stoked about Ciara participating in Essence Fest.

3) First-ballot HOF and all-time NFL great QB Drew Brees is under contract with the Saints, and has not yet retired. In case you haven't been paying attention, 'toya, Drew has given more as a player and as a person to NOLA than Russ will ever accomplish in his career, so have some damn respect and don't publicly throw dirt on his casket before it's even been brought to the cemetery. He deserves a couple of months to make sure he's done before announcing his retirement.

4) Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill are both prominently in the Saints' plans for next year. Way to publicly disrespect a couple of guys who have put in blood and sweat for the Black & Gold.

5) On what planet does she think she lives where guys like Mickey Loomis or Sean Payton would ever want her to campaign for a player like that on their behalf? I hope Gayle lights her arse up for this stunt.

On another note...anyone think she puts out this video if there were rumors about Aaron Rodgers potentially coming to New Orleans? Yeah...me neither.

Where did she get the Saints Country flag? That is pretty cool in the video at least. Is she still hanging out with the college kids at TJ Quills? Red Eye?

2) Russell Wilson cannot make Seattle trade him to New Orleans. Yes, he has a no-trade clause and has leverage to make Seattle miserable by not trading him, but the freaking Mayor of NOLA is basically asking Russ to be an ***hole to the franchise that drafted him, helped him win a Super Bowl, and gave him a $100M+ contract

Russ and his agent are the ones who started the PR campaign against Seattle. Both on-and-off the record.

So what? Maybe his intentions were just to influence Seattle's roster decisions...he has publicly maintained wanting to stay in Seattle.

He’s also publicly ripped the organization to shreds.

He may want to stay there if they’re willing to do everything he wants. He may also be saying he wants to stay in order to make Seattle look like the bad guys here if/when he leaves.

Either way, I don’t particularly care about anyone’s hurt feelings. These are grown ups and it’s a business and if it means Russ ends up in a Saints uniform? Excellent.

@Eman5805

Pels for Russ? What say you? ;)

Just kidding. I can't even make jokes about this. It's a stupid argument. You don't give up an entire NBA organization to acquire a single football player for a few years. Stop this nonsense.
This whole thing annoys me. Brees hasn’t retired yet. And I was a basketball fan before I was ever a football fan (curse of having two non sports fan parents and watching Space Jam as a kid before some guy named Ricky Williams wore a wedding dress and upset my Christian conservative parents)

so yeah. No bueno. Anyone touches my Pels, I’m writing a very eulogy.

Ok, my original statement for clarification without all the dire insight, ramifications, and convoluted consequences...

Zion, seems alright, have seen nothing but great things about him... nothing personal....

But I don't care...

It was a joke between the lines and definitely not the mayor's intent to insinuate... but I found it funny 😄

Also, this ain't Dale Brown's Tigers, Jordan's Bulls, or Magic's Lakers....

so I don't care...

I would trade the Pelicans, the Voodoo, 3 NBA teams, 31 NFL teams, 3,242 MLB teams, soccer as a sport, the entire future of boxing, Nascar & Indy as a sport, the new Family Dollar on the surface of Mars, and all of Jupiter's moons... for a back-up special teamer that the team "really wants"...

For "Let Russ Cook", the list gets longer 😁
Could include Jamis, a 50lb bag of crab legs, a beagle & my 19yo son (at least this week), & at least 3 or 4 co-workers 😉

So lighten up, the serious ramifications of a joke are just not that dire...

Everyone have a good weekend, Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom