Seattle and the refs..... (1 Viewer)

Just goes to show...if you cry, whine, and complain all week about the refs you will get calls. Just wait and see how many roughing calls Cam gets from here on out.

Is there video of the refs standing over the ball, not allowing the kick attempt to be snapped?

2012 against the Bucs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks.....I remembered the details...right side of the field (from the camera view), left side of the endzone...outdoor statdium...receiver pushed out of the back of the endzone...

but, couldn't remember who the opponent was.

Thanks.....I remembered the details...right side of the field (from the camera view), left side of the endzone...outdoor statdium...receiver pushed out of the back of the endzone...

but, couldn't remember who the opponent was.

I only remember because I went to the game. It was SO brutally hot that I drank 6 waters and zero beers. Saints fans were easily 40% of the crowd. It was a fun, come from behind victory that featured pretty much no defense other than the big goal line stand following a TD save by Jenkins.

It's just hard to see things like that sequence and no believe the refs are purposely influencing games.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
If that's the case, what are the possible solutions? Are they freelancing without direction from the league because they're involved in gambling? Are they just fans? Incidents like this one make me think it's not a matter of being inept or unfamiliar with the rules.

No it wasn't. He took the receiver out of the play and insured he wasn't going to catch the game winning catch within the rules. It's a physical game.

The kicker was the cheap shot.

Is that not called illegal contact? More than 5 yards down the field? And sure it was a cheap shot. You can see the WR's head turn back to look for the ball as if he was expecting a pass to come his way when the defender drilled him. I couldn't see the rest of the play though, so I don't know if the QB was still holding the ball looking for a receiver or if he took off already.

And technically, as another poster said, it could be considered defensive holding. You can just hold or tackle a WR at any point of the play.

That said, this isn't the first time Seattle has done that. They don't get called for it. I've never seen another team do that and get away with it.

Is that not called illegal contact? More than 5 yards down the field? And sure it was a cheap shot. You can see the WR's head turn back to look for the ball as if he was expecting a pass to come his way when the defender drilled him. I couldn't see the rest of the play though, so I don't know if the QB was still holding the ball looking for a receiver or if he took off already.

And technically, as another poster said, it could be considered defensive holding. You can just hold or tackle a WR at any point of the play.

That said, this isn't the first time Seattle has done that. They don't get called for it. I've never seen another team do that and get away with it.

Illegal contact is permissible once the quarterback leaves the pocket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom