Seattle PD's Gun Buy-Back program spawns an impromptu Gun Show (1 Viewer)

TheDeparted

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Police officers in Seattle, Washington held their first gun buyback program in 20 years this weekend, underneath interstate 5, and soon found that private gun collectors were working the large crowd as little makeshift gun shows began dotting the parking lot and sidewalks. Some even had “cash for guns” signs prominently displayed.
People that had arrived to trade in their weapons for $100 or $200 BuyBack gift cards soon realized that gun collectors were there and paying top dollar for collectible firearms.
John Diaz, Seattles Police Chief, wasn’t pleased with the turn of events stating “I’d prefer they wouldn’t sell them,” but admitted it’s perfectly legal for private individuals to buy and sell guns, FOR NOW. Mayor Mike McGinn said at a news conference the private transactions are a loophole that needs to be closed.
Schuyler Taylor, a previous gun retailer attending the event in hopes of buying weapons, asked “Why not offer them cash versus a gift card? I’m still taking the guns off the streets; they’re just going in my safe.”
On one last note of hilarity, the Seattle Police department claims that they will check the buyback guns to see if any were previously stolen and, if so, try to return them to the rightful owners!

Fascinating.

link

I wish they offered one of these "Buy Back" programs here in Shreveport; I have cash to spend and want/need another new pistol and shotgun for Zombie protection. Zombies don't care where you got your gun.

They have been doing this all over.

I read about it in Tucson not too long ago.

God I hope they have one of these in Lafayette. Heck it'd be even worth a drive to New Orleans if they had one. 100-200 cash can be an absolute steal for some guns.

The thing I don't get is I've seen cops run people off for selling T-shirts on the street because they don't have a permit. I'm guessing because the sellers weren't there just to sell, but were being approached there really was nothing the cops could do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom