Seattle Seahawks (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why everyone is thinking that the seahawks are now superbowl contenders cuz they beat the packers? they didnt look all that impressive!

Yeah beats me too... They look Horrible with a capital H in the first half and turned around for a better half against a bad team to win. Not impressive at all, IMHO.

With the exception of Branch those wr's almost looked as bad as Atlanta's.

and Jerramy Stevens is absolutely the worst TE at catching the ball that i've ever seen.....

I think it has to do with the fact that their two star players are now back from injury. They didn't look good last night but Hasselbeck is expected to be a little rusty. Alexander did rush for 200 yards and the weather conditions had a lot to do with sloppy play. They are also the defending NFC champs and its an old cliche but they're still the champs until someone knocks them off.

I think any of that speculation centers mostly around the Seahawks getting Alexander and Hasslebeck back. As defending NFC champs, expectations that Seattle can now make a strong push doesn't seem far-fetched or unexpected, IMO.

Edit -- heh, what Thibodaux said. :)

I think it has to do with the fact that their two star players are now back from injury. They didn't look good last night but Hasselbeck is expected to be a little rusty. Alexander did rush for 200 yards and the weather conditions had a lot to do with sloppy play. They are also the defending NFC champs and its an old cliche but they're still the champs until someone knocks them off.

May have something to with them being the defending NFC champs, and the fact that they went 2-3, and not 1-4 or 0-5 like some "experts predicted they would when Seneca was subbing for Matt while he and Alexander were out of the line up.

Also factor in that they're 7-4 with their two key starters back, and there being no clear cut dominant team in the NFC... Somewhere therein lies your answer.

Plus, the media is also just looking for another angle to try and make the NFC race more interesting to attract more viewers - In this case, Seattle fans.

I think any of that speculation centers mostly around the Seahawks getting Alexander and Hasslebeck back. As defending NFC champs, expectations that Seattle can now make a strong push doesn't seem far-fetched or unexpected, IMO.

Edit -- heh, what Thibodaux said. :)

Yeah. They looked vulnerable with Maurice Morris and Seneca Wallace but....I mean come on. Morris? Wallace?

Hasselback had a rough time his first game back, Alexander had a rough first game back (last week). But the expectation is both will get back on track now that they are healthy.

come on, they are healthy now. They have two pro-bowl calibur recievers in d-jax and branch. They also have one of the top running backs in the league. They are going to get consideration from all the media when they are fully healthy.

eric

come on, they are healthy now. They have two pro-bowl calibur recievers in d-jax and branch. They also have one of the top running backs in the league. They are going to get consideration from all the media when they are fully healthy.

eric

All that is nice, but I'd like to see them have a good performance on the field since coming back from those injuries before I just crown them the best in NFC again. If we went by just who had what players then the Panthers would be a Top 3 NFC team.

Color me skeptical. I wanta see them play a real team (and it not be at home snowing).

Just take a look at their schedule. http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/SEA

I still think they aren't that good.

Last edited:
They were lucky they were playing the Packers, four turnovers against any playoff caliber team like the Saints, Cowboys, or Bears and it would likely be a blow out.

Seattles defense is worse than ours and they are not as good on Offense. We are the better team with their "stars" back and would beat them on a nuetral field 7-10 times, IMO.

it was snowing, how can you not expect turnovers

eric

Sean had 40 freakin carries.... thats why he had 200yrds.... give Duece the ball 35 times and he has 250yds... I promise

Sean had 40 freakin carries.... thats why he had 200yrds.... give Duece the ball 35 times and he has 250yds... I promise

Give Tony Siragusa the ball 40 times behind Walter Jones and he might have 200 yards. Sharon Alexander is so overated. Walter Jones carries him to all these great stats.

Alexander had one of his best games, so he looks 100% for the first time this season. Nobody should have expected Hasselbeck to play lights out in the snow after not playing 4 weeks. He played better as the game went on, imho. However, I think their vulnerabilities on defense this year could prevent them from making it deep into the playoffs. They are still a force to be reckoned with though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom