Seattle Weather (1 Viewer)

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I didn't watch the first half of the redskin/eagle game this year when Vick went off. When I finally did get to sit down and watch and realize that this was all being done in the rain, I told myself that weather, especially rain, rarely should make that large of an impact on the outcome of a game. Unless of course you're playing at soldier field where the groundscrew works for the city making whatever salary THAT is.

any updates?

this is why I wanted STL to win :rant:

any updates?

this is why I wanted STL to win :rant:
C'mon, you actually think 40 and rain is bad weather? Gimme a break.

It's around 50 today with light, constant rain, and it's supposed to be mildly colder tomorrow, low 40s rain too. Looks like overnight might be some snow on Sunday, but we don't play at 11pm on Sunday night.

All day long rain here in Seattle is less than an inch, it's not Gulf thunderstorms. Literally in almost 15 years in Seattle I heard thunder maybe on 8 nights tops. Heavy rain comes, but usually not more than once or twice a year.

The "nasty weather" tag is a joke. We're cloudy, maybe drizzly, but the rain reputation is totally wrong.

Despite being on the margin of the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains, the city has a reputation for frequent rain.<SUP id=cite_ref-rainshadow_76-0 class=reference>[77]</SUP> This reputation derives from the frequency of precipitation in the city (150 days of precipitation > 0.01 in/0.3 mm) as well as the fact that it is cloudy an average of 201 days per year, and partly cloudy an average of 93 days per year.<SUP id=cite_ref-cloudy_73-1 class=reference>[74]</SUP> At 37.1 inches (942 mm),<SUP id=cite_ref-weather.com_77-0 class=reference>[78]</SUP> the city receives less precipitation than New York, Atlanta, Houston, and most cities of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle#Climate

The average precipitation is 64.2 inches (1,630 mm) annually; the summer months are the wettest, while October is the driest month
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans#Climate

NOLA 64 Seattle 37. I'd take that as a final tomorrow too.

C'mon, you actually think 40 and rain is bad weather? Gimme a break.

It's around 50 today with light, constant rain, and it's supposed to be mildly colder tomorrow, low 40s rain too. Looks like overnight might be some snow on Sunday, but we don't play at 11pm on Sunday night.

All day long rain here in Seattle is less than an inch, it's not Gulf thunderstorms. Literally in almost 15 years in Seattle I heard thunder maybe on 8 nights tops. Heavy rain comes, but usually not more than once or twice a year.

I think there's a lot better chance of a wet football causing an issue in Seattle than it would in STL.

There's not much chance of the football being wet when you get 0.2" of rain over 4 hours. Spit and sweat will do more to keep the ball wet. Seriously, the word rain doesn't even mean the same thing here that it does there.

It's like someone in Northern Minnesota hearing us talk about "big snow" in NOLA and thinking it must be insane. We mean enough to leave a footprint was there for a day. They mean you can't see the roof of the SUV on the street.

Update...temp not bad, low 40's. But rain is looking likely. Little bit of snow in the fourth quarter maybe?

Screw the cold, it doesn't matter. But if you think rain doesn't have an effect on Drew's accuracy, you're forgetting some very memorable games the last few years. Have we played in rain at all this year?

Attachments

• seattle.JPG
    seattle.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 45
Link is based on relative date so will be busted tomorrow, but here's the screenshot from AccuWeather:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/seattle/98103/forecast-details.asp?fday=2

w2ETU.png

6 one hundredths of an inch expected over 3 hours. So yeah, it'll be sloppy.

Then why is it that every car sold in the Pacific NW is sold with the windshield wipers ON as the default position.
Dunno, east of the Cascades I need them, but I rarely turn them on in Puget Sound, and it's usually one wipe every 5 minutes of driving or so.

Seriously it's a myth. We get 37" of rain. West Texas desert cities get more. The peninsula gets a ton, and even has rainforests, but Seattle is in the rain shadow of the Olympics, and then it drops big rain again over the Cascades, but in the middle, it's clouds and drizzle.

The ONLY chance of any snow would be 7-8 hours after the game. It's going to be too warm for that.

And to put the expected .06" of rain tomorrow into perspective it's a "heavy" 0.54" today, and has been raining since 9AM at least, and I've had no problem using my tab in the "downpour" without an umbrella when I go out for smoke breaks.

Just wanted to remind everyone that Seattle is in the Pacific time zone so remember that game time there will be 1:30p-4:30p. I had forgotten myself and was thinking 4:30p-7:30p. I think that'll pretty much rule out snow.

Seattle already got their one "real" snow last month too. Since 1993 I don't think there's ever been a winter where the snow actually stuck on the ground more than once in a winter.

Rain rain go away... Shows likely ,65% at 1:00 pc time

Temps in the low 40's and 30's during game

Not ideal for bush and no pierre or ivory

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom