SEC 24 Hr Sports Network (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Finally a 24 hr sports network for the SEC is coming in 2014.

SEC, ESPN announce partnership in SEC Network | NOLA.com

The Southeastern Conference and ESPN have signed a 20-year agreement through 2034 to create and operate a multi-platform network, which will launch in August of 2014, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive and ESPN President John Skipper announced Thursday.

The new network and its accompanying digital platform will air SEC content 24/7 including approximately 45 SEC football games and more than 1,000 events in its first year.
The network will televise more than 100 men's basketball games, 60 women's basketball games, 75 baseball games, and events from across the SEC's 21 sports annually. Programming will also include studio shows, original content such as SEC Storied, spring football games, signing day and pro days coverage.

AT&T U-verse® has been secured as the network's first national distributor. AT&T U-verse is the fastest growing TV provider in the U.S. and their subscribers will have access to an unprecedented amount of SEC content across all platforms. Subscribers receiving the live linear network via a multichannel subscription will also have access to the network on PCs, tablets, smartphones and select gaming devices like Xbox.

Okay, I'm going to admit my excitement about this.

And thank heaven none of the schools made the same mistake as the UT network, but instead it will be the conference as a whole. I'm wondering how many different sports will make the cut, and then which they will continue to cover (I hope all, but they may end up bowing to all mighty ratings and start cutting out the ones with the fewest viewers).

And thank heaven none of the schools made the same mistake as the UT network, but instead it will be the conference as a whole. I'm wondering how many different sports will make the cut, and then which they will continue to cover (I hope all, but they may end up bowing to all mighty ratings and start cutting out the ones with the fewest viewers).

The only problem with the Longhorn Network are the Longhorns. We're turning into a volleyball school.

Nobody was going to watch a Big XII network, and now Aggy is yours, not ours. :mwink:

I'm looking forward to the SEC Network. The thought of it makes me nostalgic for SEC Basketball Game of the Week in the 1970's, with Joe Dean.

"I was talkin' to Dewayne Scales' Momma just the other day, and she said he's been eating all the dinner she cooks for him and is gonna be a good one."

This is great news. Hopefully DirectTV will also sign on. AT&T doesn't have an exclusive deal does it?

No way they would. The idea is to get as many distributors as possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom