Tennessee...W
Arkansas...L
Kentucky...L
South Carolina...L

SEC faired pretty good in bowl games.

Auburn ........ blowout loss
Alabama ...... disfunctional OC lost

:ezbill:

So the SEC bowl record is now reduced to leaving SEC teams out to make it look better??

Record was 6-6. Bad anyway you slice it...

So the SEC bowl record is now reduced to leaving SEC teams out to make it look better??

Record was 6-6. Bad anyway you slice it...

You really have to look at matchups. You can always make a conference look bad by matching teams up against better teams. When you have 12 teams playing from a conference, it's easy to find better teams to beat the weaker teams in the conference. Auburn was hurt by the loss of their QB, but LSU was the better team anyway. People can claim that Louisville had lost 2 out of their last 3, but they were against ACC opponents, and the ACC was dominating many of their other bowl games, so those were quality losses, yet LSU destroyed them.

I don't give a rat's *** about the rest of the SEC.

My DAWG!

I agree 100%. I loved it when Ohio State got blanked, and when Penn State lost to USC in the last second I enjoyed it. The tears of our enemies are some of the sweetest things we can drink.

If you're in the Big 10 and your colors are maize and blue, **** you!

Mississippi State.....W
LSU.....W
Alabama....W
Florida....W
Tennessee...W
Arkansas...L
Kentucky...L
South Carolina...L
Texas A&M...L
Vandy...L
Georgia...W
Auburn...L

SEC faired pretty good in bowl games.

I'll update your list.

Geaux Clemson!

You really have to look at matchups. You can always make a conference look bad by matching teams up against better teams. When you have 12 teams playing from a conference, it's easy to find better teams to beat the weaker teams in the conference. Auburn was hurt by the loss of their QB, but LSU was the better team anyway. People can claim that Louisville had lost 2 out of their last 3, but they were against ACC opponents, and the ACC was dominating many of their other bowl games, so those were quality losses, yet LSU destroyed them.

I mostly agree with you. I was just kind of tweaking the "SEC SEC SEC" crowd who constantly quotes record in bowl games as "evidence" of said dominance, but makes excuses when the SEC is less than stellar in bowl games.

I think it's pretty clear that, outside of Alabama, it was a pretty mediocre year in the SEC. Almost everybody underachieved. LSU and Tennessee especially, despite the feel good bowl victory at the end of the season. Florida probably overachieved considering the number of injuries and the QB situation. Arkansas and Texas A&M collapsed down the stretch. Ole Miss, garbage. Auburn, probably overachieved, but stuck at the end. Vandy and Kentucky probably overachieved, for them...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom