SEC East predictions (1 Viewer)

Too me Georgia, is still too young to handle all the pressure of an SEC schedule....

How do you figure? Both Georgia and LSU finished with two losses. Georgia finished the SEC season as the stronger team. With that year of experience, they should be improvedd next season. Like others have mentioned, their schedule could be their undoing.

How do you figure? Both Georgia and LSU finished with two losses. Georgia finished the SEC season as the stronger team. With that year of experience, they should be improvedd next season. Like others have mentioned, their schedule could be their undoing.

Why does so many people think UGA was a better team at the end of the year? Ooooh, they whipped up on a highschool team that didn't even deserve to be in the BCS. Wow. It took politicians and political pandering to get teams like Hawaii in the BCS. It's like a sixth grader going and beating up a first grader, so am I supposed to be impressed?

LSU worked over the #2 team in the country in impressive fashion, and clearly called the dogs off in the second half after it was pretty obvious we had the game won and just wanted to finish out the game as champions instead of risking making any stupid mistakes.

Perhaps you could have made an argument when LSU was really banged up, but by the end of the year, we were rolling.

UGA needs to win their own division, let alone conference before spouting their mouth off. We played an SECCG and a national championship game... If you ask me, LSU's end of the year performance was way more impressive than just sitting at home watching the SECCG and then whipping up on some first graders in the sugar...

If you read my post I said SEC Season. LSU lost to Arkansas to end the season, while Georgia kicked our arses. This thread is about Georgia and I think it is very clear why people would believe Georgia will be the team to beat. I was responding to Treybad's opinion that Georgia will be too young to handle SEC play. Looks like they handled it pretty well last year to me (6-2).

If you read my post I said SEC Season. LSU lost to Arkansas to end the season, while Georgia kicked our arses. This thread is about Georgia and I think it is very clear why people would believe Georgia will be the team to beat. I was responding to Treybad's opinion that Georgia will be too young to handle SEC play. Looks like they handled it pretty well last year to me (6-2).

Ok, well I guess that's technically fair since we were really banged up with injuries at the time.

Georgia is a pretty darn good team, and I think they will be very strong next year. I just think Florida has the schedule advantage and that will be the difference. You very well could beat LSU, but that game will take a toll on you and Florida benefits. But you have a top 10 team in my opinion. I really like Mark Richt as a coach, and he will get his MNC before his career is over. I'm guessing sooner rather than later. He's been just a player away several times now, so one day the ball will bounce in his favor and he's got it.

By the way, I absolutely loved his decision to intentionally draw a celebration penalty by having the whole team dance in the end zone. That was fun!

Last edited:
I would say Florida has a scary team if Tim Tebow is their main problem. Thats a problem I would like to have. I saw him play against LSU as a freshman in Gainesville and then again this past year at LSU.

I understand your point that he might not be the best dropback quarterback in college, but he is probably the best football player in college. Is I was looking for a liabilty on Florida's team, quarterback wouldnt be where I would start.

I think a quarterback is best measured by the total package which includes all of his skills and his intangibles. Tebow has a certain moxie about him. He is probably the last quarterback in the league I would want to see in the last two minutes of a game with my team nursing a 6 point lead.

I think Tebow's one of the best player in college football as well. I actually think Florida sucks, but Tebow makes them top 5...along with Percy Harvin. But where we disagree is that Tebow's the first guy I want to see in the last two minutes of a game with my team nursing a 6 point lead.

By the way, I absolutely loved his decision to intentionally draw a celebration penalty by having the whole team dance in the end zone. That was fun!

Some people might call that not being classy but the truth is, something like that needed to happen IMO for those guys mentally, they have been OWNED by Florida in the past and that was something to shake that intimidation factor that that team must've had when they faced Florida in the past...

Ok, well I guess that's technically fair since we were really banged up with injuries at the time.

Georgia is a pretty darn good team, and I think they will be very strong next year. I just think Florida has the schedule advantage and that will be the difference. You very well could beat LSU, but that game will take a toll on you and Florida benefits. But you have a top 10 team in my opinion. I really like Mark Richt as a coach, and he will get his MNC before his career is over. I'm guessing sooner rather than later. He's been just a player away several times now, so one day the ball will bounce in his favor and he's got it.

While I agree with you we might be the team to beat, that team is Auburn. Georgia = thugs :hihi:

Some people might call that not being classy but the truth is, something like that needed to happen IMO for those guys mentally, they have been OWNED by Florida in the past and that was something to shake that intimidation factor that that team must've had when they faced Florida in the past...

Yea, I heard a lot of whinning about that decision, but so what? I'm not a fan of either team, and I thought it was pretty entertaining. You do what you have to do to motivate your team. Sure it sucks for the other team, but they got a penalty out of it. They just jumped around in an end zone. I didn't have a problem with it. You're only young once, enjoy it. This is college sports, and it's supposed to be fun. Now had they started fights with the other school's band (awbarn) or stomped all over the logo (awbarn) or many other awbarnesque moves... then that's different. They were just having some fun and enjoying the moment without attacking Florida. I enjoyed seeing that even though I could care less about UGA beyond them being in the SEC. (I'm 110% LSU, all the way.)

While I agree with you we might be the team to beat, that team is Auburn. Georgia = thugs :hihi:

Agreed that Awbarn is the team to beat in the West, but Awbarn is in the west. I think we were discussing SEC East teams (the title of this thread is SEC East predictions.)

If Awbarn were to play UGA or UF in the championship, it will be pretty close either way. However I think the East would win it. But hard to say with it being still a year away. You never know what will happen with injuries, etc. But I think Awbarn is replacing a QB this year, and the QB last year wasn't that great to begin with. UGA and UF both have pretty good returning QB's. That's why I gave them the edge.

One thing I will say right now is that I think there is a strong chance that Florida continues to play the way it did later in the season last year. It may sound like sour grapes - and maybe it is - but I am still not sold on Urban Meyer.

I don't think this point should be overlooked. Florida's defensive problems last year have been attributed to most of the players being green but instead of getting better as the year wore on, they got worse. Chad Henne looked all-world against this unit in the Capital One Bowl. If they don't shape up very quickly, UGA will take the East hands down. Even though he's recruited very well, Meyer is no defensive guru and is not a great in-game coach. I guess you have to put Florida in the mix because of talent and schedule but Richt's talent this year is about on par and he's a better coach IMO, so it will be interesting to see which factors wins out.

I don't think this point should be overlooked. Florida's defensive problems last year have been attributed to most of the players being green but instead of getting better as the year wore on, they got worse. Chad Henne looked all-world against this unit in the Capital One Bowl. If they don't shape up very quickly, UGA will take the East hands down. Even though he's recruited very well, Meyer is no defensive guru and is not a great in-game coach. I guess you have to put Florida in the mix because of talent and schedule but Richt's talent this year is about on par and he's a better coach IMO, so it will be interesting to see which factors wins out.

Just sticking to the East, Georgia and Tennessee had young players that played poorly early on but greatly improved as the year wore on. Florida was almost the opposite. So far this offseason it seems like there is some dissension amongst the coaching staff at Florida - starting with Meyer's post-bowl-game comments.
I cannot discount what Meyer has done in three years (particularly against the Vols) but something still seems a little shaky down there.

What did Meyer say after the bowl game, Jim? I missed that.

What did Meyer say after the bowl game, Jim? I missed that.

It was along the lines of how there were some coaches and players who were not putting in the time or taking things seriously. Not sure if he mentioned coachhes directly, but it was easy to read between the lines.
I may be making a mountain out of a molehill, but I just see little things going on down there that suggest there is more than a normal amount of tension in the program.

Yea, I heard a lot of whinning about that decision, but so what? I'm not a fan of either team, and I thought it was pretty entertaining. You do what you have to do to motivate your team. Sure it sucks for the other team, but they got a penalty out of it. They just jumped around in an end zone. I didn't have a problem with it. You're only young once, enjoy it. This is college sports, and it's supposed to be fun. Now had they started fights with the other school's band (awbarn) or stomped all over the logo (awbarn) or many other awbarnesque moves... then that's different. They were just having some fun and enjoying the moment without attacking Florida. I enjoyed seeing that even though I could care less about UGA beyond them being in the SEC. (I'm 110% LSU, all the way.)

I agree, Georgia got a penalty and that was that, sometimes it's good to have some of those things in a particular rivalry, that's what makes a rivalry that much more intense and worth it when you do beat the other team..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom