SEC Fans - You should be rooting for OU (1 Viewer)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because the Cotton prefers Texas over OU this year, and Nebraska over Texas.

Meaning if NU wins, Texas will go humiliate some poor SEC team (Auburn or Arky?) in the Cotton.

If OU wins, I'm sure NU will embarass whatever SEC team also, but at least you won't have me laughing at you when it happens.

Word in the Dallas paper is that the Cotton doesn't want UT. They want the OU/NU loser. Aggie goes to Holiday, UT goes to either Gator or Alamo depending on if WVU beats Rutgers.

Word in the Dallas paper is that the Cotton doesn't want UT. They want the OU/NU loser. Aggie goes to Holiday, UT goes to either Gator or Alamo depending on if WVU beats Rutgers.

Everything I've heard says the Cotton's order is:

1. NU
2. UT
3. OU

Here, I'll provide the link and a snippet. The author of the article covers UT for the DMN.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...tories/stories/112906dnspobowls.34326daf.html

UT's bowl: Gator or Alamo

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]11:30 PM CST on Tuesday, November 28, 2006

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News[/SIZE]

AUSTIN – Defending national champion Texas, which had designs on the BCS all season, will now play in either the Gator Bowl or Alamo Bowl, according to sources close to the situation.
After back-to-back losses to Kansas State and Texas A&M to end the season, the Longhorns' bowl plans appear to rest with the West Virginia Mountaineers.
<!-- Refer begins here -->

<!-- Refer ends here -->If West Virginia loses to Rutgers on Saturday, Texas (9-3) is Gator Bowl-bound, the sources said. If West Virginia beats Rutgers, the Gator probably will take the Mountaineers.
Under that scenario, Texas would fall into the Alamo Bowl against Iowa (6-6) because the AT&T Cotton Bowl is planning to take the Big 12 title-game loser &#8211; Oklahoma or Nebraska &#8211; and the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl wants Texas A&M, sources said. The Aggies (9-3) would play California (8-3).

I hope LSU doesn't play Texas. The last thing I want to see from this wasted season is a wasted performance on a bad team like Texas. I hope we get either Michigan or USC so it makes a statement.

The statement would be:

"We can't run with the big boys from a real conference"

Arkansas has beaten Texass 3 of the last 4 meetings between the two. The most recent being in 2003.

I think everyone here would be very excited to play the horns again........

What? I can't hear you, I have this national championship trophy stuck in my ear.

I hope LSU doesn't play Texas. The last thing I want to see from this wasted season is a wasted performance on a bad team like Texas. I hope we get either Michigan or USC so it makes a statement.

Ditto!

Great thread, laughing at most of the replies. :ezbill:

My first star rating on the new site, five.

While I think it's ridiculous to suggest that Texas would have even had a winning record in the SEC this year, LSU doesn't want to see Michigan.

/twobirdswithonestone :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom