SEC game of the week: LSU @ Georgia (1 Viewer)

But Spam, if they show that, and Green does nothing even by the time the flag is thrown and he's sitting on the sideline, I agree that is a horrible call that single handidly changed the game.

But I can think of a few in some Auburn games in years past that pretty much did the same thing. So even if it is the case, they more than owed us one.

I'm sorry but LSU is the luckiest dang team in America....you guys are going to win the NC this year LOL.

haha, you know? there might be something to this... I have NEVER seen sooooo many teams in a row just lie down and hand us a game before like this. MSU should have beaten us, UGA had the game won and Washington outplayed us except for a few key plays. Heck even ULL kept it kinda close. And having Tebow receive his first major injury and concussion the last game before LSU preventing him from practicing two straight weeks for us and limiting his running plays to avoid increased injury?

Face it, Les Miles may suck a duck when it comes to game planning, but dude knows how to ride a luck streak like no other. I mean, who would have thought he'd win a national championship with two losses?

This team has luck in SPADES this year. But eventually our luck will run out. No way we can continue to play like this and win it all. We have to play Alabama once and Florida twice just to even THINK about getting to the MNC and then beat the perceived #1 or #2 team in the nation then. There's no way that many teams will just let LSU win like this and no way their QB's will suck as much as Cox.

I don't even care about whether LSU deserved to win the game or not. Maybe LSU was god's gift to football for 59 minutes, whatever. The point is, Georgia went up, and was in every position to flatout win the game, and the Refs completely altered the nature of the game with a bogus bull**** call. SEC officials are horrible, and they will eventually cost LSU a game so don't be so quick to pat yourself on the back for "really deserving to win the game even without the call" because you'll be pretty ****** when that flips around on you and you lose a game due to sheer incompetency.

SEC Officiating is a huuuuuuuuge problem. How the richest, best known conference in college football can justify consistently putting out some of the worst officiating is completely beyond me.

It already has cost LSU a game. See LSU/Auburn 2006.

What's the solution to the problem? The only one I can think of is paying for full time refs, which I don't see ever happening.

It already has cost LSU a game. See LSU/Auburn 2006.

What's the solution to the problem? The only one I can think of is paying for full time refs, which I don't see ever happening.

Accountability for refs, fire bad squads, scour other conferences and hire their refs away. I mean we honestly have the worst refs out of any conference other then the Pac-10. Even C-USA gets better officiating. Let's just hire those suckers away.

It's not unreasonable to expect the richest conference in college football to have at least average officiating. Especially since they're now marketing that product on all 23 ESPN channels.

"SEC football! 15 yards from the spot of the foul! FEEEEL THE EXCITEMENT!"

It doesn't really matter who "handled" who for most of the game. What matters is the final score, and that flag was a huge factor in the final score. The no-call on the safety was the correct call.

Again, that said, I'll take the W. I have no problem admitting we won a game that we probably shouldn't have won.

Why shouldn't LSU have won the game? Who's to say they would've have driven down the field and scored again? It was a difference of 20 yards and we had more than enough time to cover that ground.

Bad calls happen, but I still think LSU was the better team.

I don't even care about whether LSU deserved to win the game or not. Maybe LSU was god's gift to football for 59 minutes, whatever. The point is, Georgia went up, and was in every position to flatout win the game, and the Refs completely altered the nature of the game with a bogus bull**** call. SEC officials are horrible, and they will eventually cost LSU a game so don't be so quick to pat yourself on the back for "really deserving to win the game even without the call" because you'll be pretty ****** when that flips around on you and you lose a game due to sheer incompetency.

SEC Officiating is a huuuuuuuuge problem. How the richest, best known conference in college football can justify consistently putting out some of the worst officiating is completely beyond me.

The same can be said about Cox throw the ball behind his shoulder to avoid a sack and the refs not calling the safety. Would have been a completely different game. You can argue both sides. Fact is LSU dominated for the most part and only would have lost on mistakes on both coaching and execution. The penalties are moot when you even them out.

The same can be said about Cox throw the ball behind his shoulder to avoid a sack and the refs not calling the safety. Would have been a completely different game. You can argue both sides. Fact is LSU dominated for the most part and only would have lost on mistakes on both coaching and execution. The penalties are moot when you even them out.

So your point is the refs suck even worse? Ok. I agree. Look I don't give a **** whether LSU deserved to win or not. It's hard for me to express how irrelevant that is. What does bother me are SEC Refs screwing prime games up with horrible officiating. And apparently you agree it's a problem. Thanks for supporting my position.

Accountability for refs, fire bad squads, scour other conferences and hire their refs away. I mean we honestly have the worst refs out of any conference other then the Pac-10. Even C-USA gets better officiating. Let's just hire those suckers away.

It's not unreasonable to expect the richest conference in college football to have at least average officiating. Especially since they're now marketing that product on all 23 ESPN channels.

"SEC football! 15 yards from the spot of the foul! FEEEEL THE EXCITEMENT!"

I do agree with this. Thumbs up. At least they (college) has the best replay system.

I will take the win. This team has guts. Next week will the next test. They wont stop fighting...

Much like the baseball team, it may not be the prettiest but they have guts and will fight till the end. Teams like that have a tendency to be scary the longer they have a chance of winning, you have to knock them out early and keep them under pressure.

I like this team... may not go undefeated but I like the foundation being laid for next year.

So your point is the refs suck even worse? Ok. I agree. Look I don't give a **** whether LSU deserved to win or not. It's hard for me to express how irrelevant that is. What does bother me are SEC Refs screwing prime games up with horrible officiating. And apparently you agree it's a problem. Thanks for supporting my position.

ill agree that the officiating through out college football is horrible but calls are part of the game. sometime you get them in your favor. i would like to here the explanation on both celebration penalties. dont forget georgia got the same call and did nothing with it

By the way, what Scott got called for, you can see if you have tivo. It happens right after they show the painted black Georgia girls whose paint is running and the announcers are talking about Marcus Dowton. then you hear LSU will go for it, they're lining up for two, then the penalty comes. Well after the initial celebration.

Agreed, assuming the camera's didn't miss something that the ref's didn't. The only thing I really disagree with you on is LSU patting ourselves on the back. I think most LSU fans are pretty frustrated on our crappy play right now. We're relieved at our total luck, sure. We got the win, but no one confuses us with an elite national championship team right now either. Just relieved and thankful for our luck.

I hate celebration penalties. But then again, you can't say for sure either that LSU still wouldn't have won the game even without that penalty either. We definitely were the better team tonight, even if both teams should be embarrassed. They were driving the ball the whole game and UGA defense looked completely worn out by the end of it. I don't think they had anything left to stop anybody anyways. The theory is that the bad calls equal themselves out over a course of the game. I hate celebration penalties though, I just think teams should be allowed to be happy as long as they don't cause a riot. Unfortunately this is football, and things like celebrations, etc can very easily cause riots. There's not a perfect answer here. I'd be ****** if I were a UGA fan, but I would also know my team sucks, they didn't deserve to win the game and they didn't have a chance to win anything of meaning this season anyways. Not a huge loss to them.

On the other hand, LSU didn't deserve to win the game either, they do suck, but at least still have a chance (in theory) to win everything. LSU you are lucky as crap. I'll take the win and remember all the times SEC officials hosed us.

And your point about the SEC officials? Great post, couldn't agree more. We need a change there.

It doesn't really matter who "handled" who for most of the game. What matters is the final score, and that flag was a huge factor in the final score. The no-call on the safety was the correct call.

Again, that said, I'll take the W. I have no problem admitting we won a game that we probably shouldn't have won.

I still disagree. The spirit of the rule is that a QB can throw it away if they throw in the direction of a receiver. The rule reads: "Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion."

Do you think Cox can a "realistic chance of completion" when he hurled the ball around his abdomen? That was a BS call.

There is the NFL rule you cannot hit a QB in the head....did you agree with the "blow to the head" call last week when we grazed Edwards helmet with a pinkie finger?

I thought not. There is an intent to every rule. By every intent of the intentional grounding rule, that was intentional grounding. Plain and simple.

Why shouldn't LSU have won the game? Who's to say they would've have driven down the field and scored again? It was a difference of 20 yards and we had more than enough time to cover that ground.

Bad calls happen, but I still think LSU was the better team.

I'm not saying LSU wouldn't have won the game, and I'm not saying LSU wasn't the better team. What I am saying is that Ga put themselves in position to win the game, and LSU benefited from a terrible call that helped them get in position to win the game.

Again, I'm an LSU fan and alum. I'm just saying that we were helped by the official in this, but I'm not complaining.

I still disagree. The spirit of the rule is that a QB can throw it away if they throw in the direction of a receiver. The rule reads: "Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion."

Do you think Cox can a "realistic chance of completion" when he hurled the ball around his abdomen? That was a BS call.

There is the NFL rule you cannot hit a QB in the head....did you agree with the "blow to the head" call last week when we grazed Edwards helmet with a pinkie finger?

I thought not. There is an intent to every rule. By every intent of the intentional grounding rule, that was intentional grounding. Plain and simple.

I agree with you about the intent. He was obviously just throwing the ball away to avoid the sack/safety.

But, and be honest, is that how the majority of those calls are handled? Do officials really consider the intent of every pass? Or do they merely check to see if there's a receiver in the area?

They look around and see if there was an eligible receiver in the area. And if there was, they typically don't throw a flag.

Based on how that call is normally interpreted and carried out, the officials made the correct call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom