SEC game of the week: LSU @ Georgia (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Georgia opens up a 2 and 1/2 point favorite, which seem about right to me. These are two talented yet underperforming teams searching for an identity.

You get the feeling one of these teams somewhere along the way is going to put it together and be good. Which one? You got me.

I will be surprised if LSU wins between the hedges. I will not be surprised if Georgia loses though, if that makes any sense. These two teams have way too much talent to have performed this year the way they have. A win for Georgia puts them back in the conversation. A win for LSU justifies their lofty ranking, which very few seem to think they deserve. I do not bet against LSU but if I had to pick a team it would be Georgia laying the points

Second game: Auburn at Tennessee - I am actually hoping Tennesse improves. They play Ole Miss, Alabama and Auburn. It would be great fro LSU if they could win a couple of these. LSU can use all the help they can get this year. I think Tennesse is a point favorite and I think Tennessee is an excellent bet in this game.

LSU by 6 (I can never pick against LSU). I think LSU is waiting to explode, and that with the fan backlash they will be fired up to finally play.

Auburn by 3.

st Dude, have you watched any Auburn games this season? I fail to see how anyone thinks Tennessee is a good bet. Yes, they have a great defense, but their offense is beyond terrible. Auburn's defense is a concern to me, but our secondary is pretty good. Crompton represents no passing threat, so Auburn's d needs to sell out to stop the run. Keep in mind, that most of the points scored on Auburn have been scored on our second and third string players (with the exception of the WVU game). Mobile qb's have really hurt us this year and Crompton isn't a great rushing qb. I predict Auburn pulling away in the fourth.

LSU needed MSU's mentally challenged head coach to blow the final drive of the game to win last weekend. Georgia wins.

If the fade pass is complete for a TD, Mullins isn't a "mentally challenged head coach". :jpshakehead:

I think Mullins is a good coach who has MSU on the right path. 95% of the time that pass gets to back of the end zone. He still had to catch it but it should have gotten there. You can't blame play calling when it takes a remarkable play to stop it.

I think it's reasonable to predict that Auburn has a chance to win by a TD or more over the Vols. Playing on your own home field helps Tennessee to some degree, but while Crompton has genuine athletic talent, he isn't a big passing threat to our suspect pass defense. The biggest thing about Auburn this year is not only our secondary, but our knack for forcing turnovers, especially the West Virginia game. That actually proves two things: Your offense may get to the 20 yd line or even the redzone, but aside from a few TD's here and there, our defense is going to force you into making a mistake and turning it over.

That right there can cover up some big flaws a defense may have. It even applies to how Gregg Williams is using a unique approach to improving the Saints defense. There not the Dome Patrol, but if they can stop an opponent on the 20-25 yd line, they've done just what they've needed too to help us win. Drew Brees can take care of the rest.

FG's aren't going to help many teams win vs our Saints this year and for quite some time to come. In some areas, I can see it with Auburn this year as well.

Auburn wins by a TD or more.

LSU, either by luck or bad decisions by the other team, is still 4-0 but I'm still not convinced that Georgia should expect an easy upset over Miles bunch. If anything, LSU could go in and win easily. Miles is the kind of HC that can win close games but makes his team play far above there potential. You never make the mistake of counting him out or underestimating his team's abilities. Plus he's very unpredictable at times, making decisions that've caused LSU fans to have near seizures.

I see a close game that could go either way, but LSU may have a better chance at winning them some are giving. Now Florida? That depends upon on whether or not #15 is a factor or if he even plays.

Sad to say, if I were forced to bet I'd take Ga and give up the points.
LSU just doesn't look RIGHT, for a 2nd straight year. Sure we have talent at various positions. But our OL and DL scream mediocre at best. Add to that a young QB who really could use a solid running game and I think this year may end up much like last year.
I think LSU's D is improving, but the O is so poor at getting consistent yards that the D is on the field way too much.
I look for Ga to do exactly what every other team this year has done, stack the box and make JJ beat you. I'm not sure he's ready for that yet.
Now will Miles actually make adjustments away from wanting/forcing the run. Against MSU every time we threw it down the field good things happened. Not sure why we didn't continue to do so, even though MSU was bringing pressure.
Picking with my head and not my heart I'd say Georgia 31 LSU 23 right now.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Heck, I thought Fla would bury Tn.

st Dude, have you watched any Auburn games this season? I fail to see how anyone thinks Tennessee is a good bet. Yes, they have a great defense, but their offense is beyond terrible. Auburn's defense is a concern to me, but our secondary is pretty good. Crompton represents no passing threat, so Auburn's d needs to sell out to stop the run. Keep in mind, that most of the points scored on Auburn have been scored on our second and third string players (with the exception of the WVU game). Mobile qb's have really hurt us this year and Crompton isn't a great rushing qb. I predict Auburn pulling away in the fourth.

LSU needed MSU's mentally challenged head coach to blow the final drive of the game to win last weekend. Georgia wins.

Apparently nobody has been watching Auburn games. They are in for a rude awakening, this Auburn team is very good.

Maxp, MSU failed to score partly for two reasons: Inopportune defense such as that LSU DB perhaps not biting all the way on the fake option pass, and ineffective play calling like running it with Dixon into the middle of LSU's D-line. Or that LSU's Goal line Defense really did a B+-A- job. In fact, MSU may have had a better chance if they'd a QB draw. Despite what some have said, they do work if done properly. If not that, the Wildcat formation, which thankfully Gus Malzahn has installed into our offense very aptly. Kodi Burns may/may not play vs Tennessee or Kentucky FTM, but Mario Fannin, Ben Tate, are more then capable replacements.

It can easily be a combination of both in both college and pro football most times.

MSU also needed a high snap on a punt deep in LSU territory. It goes both ways.

You were happy with the way Mullin called the last series of the game from the 1?

This is really armchair quarterbacking to me. He ran three times, twice with Dixon who could not get in. He threw one play action which was wide open and got knocked down by a great play.

If he ran it all four times and got stuffed, critics would wonder why he didnt run at least one play action.

At some point it goes beyond play calling to execution on the field. The coach can call the plays but the linemen have to get the push and the backs have to see the right hole. You have players on defense trying to make plays as well. LSU players outpushed State players on the goal line. It has nothing to so with play calling or coaching.

I disagree, the strength of MSU's offense is the run game with Dixon or possibly with their qb Lee. On third and goal, the bulldogs had about a foot to go, giving them 2 downs to gain a 12 inches with a qb sneak or hb dive.

I disagree, the strength of MSU's offense is the run game with Dixon or possibly with their qb Lee. On third and goal, the bulldogs had about a foot to go, giving them 2 downs to gain a 12 inches with a qb sneak or hb dive.

They ran three times from point blank range and didnt make it. Lots of very fine coaches in college and the NFL run play action with a yard to go at the goal line when their run game is being stuffed.

The play action pass was perfectly designed and the receiver wide open. I enderstnad you disagee with the call but calling the coach mentally challenged is not warranted, in my opinion. Its a no win job in that had he run it and got stuffed all four times some other fan is calling him mentally challenged for not running play action. I thought the play action pass was the perfect call against an LSU defense that had completely sold out against the run and only survived the call by a great bat down at the line. Had the ball been lobbed nothing stops the td.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom