sec game of the week number 2 - Arkansas at Alabama (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since the Ole Miss/ South Carolina game was on Thursday we need another sec game for the weekend. The Bama/Arkansas match up just seems more interesting than LSU/Miss State even though Bama is a bigger favorite than LSU. Bama is a whopping 17 and 1/2 point favorite over the hogs who they romped 49-14 last year in Fayetteville.

I keep looking for reasons(and not finding them) to say this year's Alabama team is not as good as last year's team and that last year's team was not as good as their record. Last year Bama was impressive although they easily could have lost games to LSU, Ole Miss or Kentucky and did lose in embarrassing fashion to Utah.

They look to me a lot like last year. Alabama seems to be a talented and fundamentally sound team. They have a top five defense for sure; their offense is okay. They have a favorable schedule. I had them favorites to win the West in my picks and the Ole Miss loss to South Carolina helps them and LSU.

Arkansas is a team Bama should beat easily and the key to winning the division is to win the games you should. I think Bama will win but I will take the Hogs plus the points because its a lot of points and I am not sold that this Bama team is as good as last year. Maybe that is just wishful thinking. After watching Ole Miss last night, if the same Alabama offensive line that played in the sugar bowl shows up in Oxford this year, McElroy better have his flak jacket with him.

I can't imagine Arkansas losing this game by more than two touchdowns. I think they'll be able to score on Bama's defense. Maybe not at will, but I think they'll put up 20 or so. I'll take Arkansas plus the points as well.

I definitely take Ark with that spread.. I think Ark is better than they get credit for this year (see UGA game).. Realistically speaking, Bama should win by two possessions but if they walk in thinking they will roll easily, they may find themselves in Ole Miss' shoes.

game+005.jpg

I would not touch this game with real money, but I say Bama will cover.
I think Bama sets the tempo in this game, and should be able to move the ball fairly easily against the worst defense in the SEC.
The danger for Bama, of course, is in playing Arkansas' style and getting into a shootout with the Hogs like Georgia did.

all i gotta say is...

sabanpussy.jpg

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Our offense is really good. Ryan Mallett is legit. The defense is another story. I may be way off the mark, but I'm thinking this is a 10 point game.....

If you are going to beat Bama, you have to do it through the air, Arkansas can throw it, I doubt they win, but they cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom