SEC with 2 teams in committee top 4 (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mildly surprised to see both Bama and A&M in the playoffs ahead of Washington. The Huskies have a really weak schedule which is hurting them, so being undefeated isn't doing much for them. They would need A&M to lose another game to get in. If both A&M and Bama do somehow manage to stay in the top 4, then LSU has a legitimate shot at the Sugar Bowl, and that would probably be the Big 12 champ, with Oklahoma. If LSU beats Bama, they'll jump Auburn, who is currently the top ranked SEC team outside of A&M and Bama.

Current Top 4 from CFP committee.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. A&M

I don't see this as the final 4 though because there are some tough games left for these teams. Bama and A&M both have to deal with LSU and the SEC title matchup. Bama also has to play Auburn, which should be a good game. Michigan has to play Ohio State. Clemson has the easiest schedule. They'll likely get NC or VT in their conference championship game.

This should be a fun last few weeks of college football. I really wish they would expand to 8 teams though. That would be far more exciting than the current layout. 4 is still better than the old system though.

I think all four of those teams will loose one more game...

I think all four of those teams will loose one more game...

I don't see Clemson losing. Who's left that can beat them? I'd be really surprised if they lost a game before the CFP. Bama possibly, they'll have to face LSU and the winner of the east, Florida or possibly Tenn. And of course, it goes without saying they'll have their hands full with Auburn. They have the toughest road and they'll still be a lock if they lose 1 game.

A&M is toast with another loss so they have to win out. Ole Miss and LSU are no gimmes for them. I don't see them winning out.

Obviously tOSU is a tough out for Michigan, but I think Michigan will win out. So we'll have at least 2 unbeatens and possibly 3. I think it's Clemson, Michigan and Bama along with a big question mark for the 4th spot. I kinda would like to see Louisville get in. They have one loss, the heartbreaker to Clemson. So that would be an intriguing plot line. tOSU could also work their way back in if the beat Michigan. That would be pretty funny. They would both end up with 1 loss, with Michigan losing to the higher ranked team, but also losing head to head with tOSU, who lost to Penn State. Lol.

You're right about Clemson. I was thinking the ACC CG, but there really isn't a decent team they'll play.

Looks like right now the only conference with a chance of two teams is the big 10. But i dont think any conference with have two teams in the playoff

Time for an eight team FBS playoff system.

It would end so much of the guesswork of the playoff committee.

3 of the top 4 lost on the same day. I don't even know what to think anymore, lol. I gotta say this has been an unprecedented day in college football. Has 5 top 10 teams ever lost on the same day? The playoff committee has their work cut out for them. :covri:

LSU got screwed when they got dropped 11 spots for losing to Alabama. That should've caused at most a drop of 3 places. An argument could be made that they could've gone up in the rankings after giving Bama such a good fight. It was ridiculous to drop them 11 spots. Now Clemson and Michigan both have much worse losses because they were against much, much weaker opponents, and they only dropped them 2 spots apiece. After this win, I think LSU should currently be ranked around number 8. That would put them in position to win convincingly against Florida and Texas A&M to put them back in to the playoffs. I know it seems outrageous, but if Alabama and Wisconsin can be in the top 7, and if you consider how much better LSU is playing now under Orgeron, and I think it would be fair. I would bet on LSU beating Auburn and Wisconsin in a rematch. Remember the Auburn game was stolen by the refs on the last play when they claimed it wasn't hiked in time, which would only leave LSU with losses to teams that may be in the playoffs. They deserve to be right with them. I even think LSU could beat Alabama with just a little more misdirection in the offense, and with Etlin settling down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom