Second half defensive adjustments (1 Viewer)

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
In the first half they gave up 20pts, 17 of those in the second qtr. It looked like the game was going to be a shoot out. Then comes half time and they only give up 3 points the entire second half. Not to mention 4 turnovers today. I know the 49ers are bad, but I have to give credit to the defense and Dennis Allen making adjustments and creating turnovers. Hopeylfully these adjustments continue.

They've done this numerous times this year. One of the reasons I'm very happy with Allen as DC.

The 9ers entered second half with 343 yds.....end the game with 486.

That's 140 total yds yielded in second half to a team playing from behind

Yeah adjustments were made and worked quite well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

c1d4d8de4dc98a51b80c40f0e750a1b5.jpg

I don't mind giving up the yardage but turnovers and red zone stops are mandatory for this defense to succeed. Looks a lot like the '09 defense in that regard.

Agreed. The adjustments have really made the difference. Only game where I really felt this defense was helpless was the Falcons game and that was simply because we were totally destroyed injury wise. DA is doing a good job especially with the injuries.

I don't mind giving up the yardage but turnovers and red zone stops are mandatory for this defense to succeed. Looks a lot like the '09 defense in that regard.

I was making that comparison myself, saw the score and turnovers and it reminded me of '09. The opponent may score but create turnovers and let the offense put the game out of reach.

You also had two more cornerbacks and another defense of tackle healthy. Depth and being able to rotate players will yield better second-half defensive performances.

Nate Stupar forcing a fumble and recovering it at the goal line changed the entire game.

Yeah halftime SP pointed out too many defensive players were having to play STs suggesting they may have been a few guys gassed. Shout to Stupar kid balled on STs and on D.

You could still see speed deficiencies and outside of Robertsons INT our LB play is average. Yet in saying that I'll take average over anything we've seen the last 2-3 years. Ellerbe down the stretch will help but Drafting/signing a WLB has to be a priority

Just to piggyback. Defensive points allowed over the last 3 games.

SF - 23
Seattle - 13
KC - 20

18.6 PGG over our last 3.

Whoa lets not tarnish the 09 defense by comparing them to this one okay? They made great adjustments in the second half and got some turnovers, one on the goal line where they shouldn't of been in the first place but it did keep points off.

Not to be a downer but the only reason it wasn't a shoot out is because the 9ers continuously shot themselves in the foot. Some of that has to be credited to our D but they still have a ways to go before they're ready for prime time.

But they were good enough and good enough is good enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom