Second half defensive adjustments (1 Viewer)

I was very disappointed to be honest. A lot of yds given up, big plays, not much pressure again.... and that against the 49ers with no WR, a street HB and Colin K @QB.

But, they were able to force turnovers when that counted, which was pretty coo. And as mentioned in this thread, the 2nd half was much better.

Not to be a downer but the only reason it wasn't a shoot out is because the 9ers continuously shot themselves in the foot. Some of that has to be credited to our D but they still have a ways to go before they're ready for prime time.

But they were good enough and good enough is good enough.

they had two weeks to game plan for us. They were hitting the middle routes the first half and the Saints basically shut them down the second half. While the 9ers "shot themselves in the foot" the Saints provided them with the gun. It wasn't like the 9ers just fumbled the ball by themselves. The Saints took the ball away. We are not good enough to totally dominate teams all game yet but they step up when the time comes. Did the defense play excellent? At times they did but they played well enough this game to win. We have 2-3 games against good offenses left so I have confidence that they will only get better.

The added controlled pressures were timely and fitting for the way SF was using their Offense and that crazy option situation they looked so dangerous doing. However, if you have your Defense keeping their lanes and heads about them, they are getting pretty awesome looking to me.

We’re in the midst of some real progress and getting healthy and our youngsters have gotten some serious game time for any further injuries which gives us much more depth than it looked like we had! Things are looking up for sure.

No jinxing us just saying what I’m seeing and that’s some pretty strong TEAM football. The success of each player is feeding each other just as it’s supposed to do, and I’m loving it~!

Heck, I love this team one way or another but I know what I’m seeing and THAT is some really strong WR’s who rarely miss catching the ball, an improved , seriously improved Rushing Game, a clean Drew Brees who has been well protected and with the advent of our rushing game, we’re a double threat. Our Defense is making second half adjustments with players who have demonstrated they have bought into Coach Allen’s vision. What more can you ask except maybe keeping those big plays down to a minimum.

Yeah halftime SP pointed out too many defensive players were having to play STs suggesting they may have been a few guys gassed. Shout to Stupar kid balled on STs and on D.

You could still see speed deficiencies and outside of Robertsons INT our LB play is average. Yet in saying that I'll take average over anything we've seen the last 2-3 years. Ellerbe down the stretch will help but Drafting/signing a WLB has to be a priority

Robertson and Stupar's hunger to succeed and playmaking abilities the past two weeks, i.e. the interceptions each have had, put that unit's play this year ahead of the past couple of seasons. As for Ellerbe, I think we've seen the last of him. He's the Roger Dorn of this team. I'll take hungry and overachieving all day, all night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom