Second time is the charm for Mike Hoss to become voice of the New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1624579313546.png

By John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

Mike Hoss figured there wouldn't be a second chance.

He'd wanted to be "The Voice of the New Orleans Saints" – i.e., the play-by-play announcer for Saints games on WWL (WWL-AM/FM), the team's flagship station – when longtime play-by-play legend Jim Henderson retired after the 2017 season, having logged 31 seasons.

But when Saints offensive tackle Zach Strief entered the mix for the job, after having retired in 2017 following an 11-year career with New Orleans, even Hoss knew the fit was a good one.

"When Zach threw his name into the ring, I told WWL radio, 'You know what I'd do? I'd hire Zach,' " Hoss said. "Just let us (other applicants) get out of this thing.

"He was the right guy for the job at the time. It was perfect. I'm just wholly supportive of the Zach hire. So I kind of felt like, you know what, that was my one shot at the apple. Because these jobs are like judges – they don't come up very often."

This one came up again this year, when Strief joined the Saints' as assistant offensive line coach. This time, Hoss got the apple; he will join color analyst Deuce McAllister in the booth.

"I'm excited," McAllister said. "I'm excited about the opportunity, just to have someone as far as what Mike has done over his career. When you hear his voice, you know exactly who it is. So I think that's going to really resonate with the fans and connect with the fans.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom