Sedrick Ellis visiting Tampa???? (1 Viewer)

These same guys were complaining about missing game checks. If they wanted a better deal they should have stuck to their guns. As soon as the HOF game was canceled the players panicked

Sent from phone via Tapatalk
I heard the interview, He said the way it was explained by De-Smith an the 32 player reps, the CBA was to favor the Vets by lowering rookies salaries ...but anyway

and Jason Smith is any better?

Other than Charles Brown who do we have a LT? Competition was needed.

And Jason Smith at least succeed in his role last year even though it was limited. Ellis can't even say that.

Crazy that so many people are a little too angry with a Ellis performance. He led the team in Sacks back in 2010 with six 2009 with two 2008 with four. I know for the last two seasons he has been quiet but I think you guys are going overboard by saying he was a bust. He lost his motivation but I don't think he is a bust.

Carlos Dansby,Charles Woodson would agree w/Sed Ellis..Over 150 1 yr contracts so far..No The CBA hasn't helped the Vets

The same amount or actually a little more money is being paid out, and the rookies are getting less.

Clubs are choosing to be top heavy, but there is still more money going to Vets.

Sederick Ellis was the 6th highest paid player on the Saints team - this was off of his rookie contract (before New CBA) - he averaged 6.7 million a year.

Mark Barron the 7th overall player taken last year averages 3.6 million.

Sam Bradford's average salary from his rookie contract is 13 million
Andrew Luck's average salary is 5.5 million

It's top heavy, but a weak market overall

There is a salary cap - how can it get stronger? He could make the argument that the NFLPA should have done more to increase the salary cap, but the argument that veteran players are not getting more money is just wrong. The key here is veteran players who are in demand are getting more money and mediocre veteran players are being passed over for the cheaper rookie salaries.

I heard the interview, He said the way it was explained by De-Smith an the 32 player reps, the CBA was to favor the Vets by lowering rookies salaries ...but anyway

I just think they are short sighted. Players got a smaller peice of the pie with a New CBA. Imagine how bad the FA market would be without the rookie wage scale. Luck would be making Brees money.

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom