Sedrick Ellis (1 Viewer)

saints5021

Have Faith In Breesus
Reaction score
The longer he sits out there, do you think Loomis may look to bring him back on the cheap? I am not at all advocating bringing him back, but regardless of his performance, the Saints did continue to start him. Thoughts?

God no!! It just goes to show he had no business being on the field. I would have rathered get a guy like Tyrann Walker those snaps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

God no!! It just goes to show he had no business being on the field. I would have rathered get a guy like Tyrann Walker those snaps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Are you serious, Walker? Ellis on the cheap would be a steal, but it would be up to him to win a roster spot because I wouldn't guarantee it. He certainly would be better depth than Ayodele the Championship year, and that's all he would be depth.

Just because you start for the Saints D doesn't mean you're a starting or even backup caliber player in the NFL. More people on this forum need to realize that.

Sed Ellis competing for a roster spot would be OK. But, as near as I can tell, he hasn't even gotten a snip of interest from other teams. That tells you a lot about his ability on the field.

Are you serious, Walker? Ellis on the cheap would be a steal, but it would be up to him to win a roster spot because I wouldn't guarantee it. He certainly would be better depth than Ayodele the Championship year, and that's all he would be depth.

I guarantee you Walker will develop in to a player for us...whether that be a guy who produces as a rotational guy or emerges as a starter he has the skills to play in this league while playing the 3 tech in this under 3-4 scheme.

Just because you start for the Saints D doesn't mean you're a starting or even backup caliber player in the NFL. More people on this forum need to realize that.

Your saying Ellis doesn't belong in the NFL, is that what your saying? He is not a backup caliber player?

I wonder what happened to him... he had so much promise he was unblockable in college.

He was never athletically dominant, of the two Glenn Dorsey was by far the superior athlete. The thought on Ellis, or mine at least, was that he was a high motor hustle guy, and if he applied that to the weight room and the field, he could have a La'Roi Glover type impact. He wasn't Jonathon-Sullivan lazy by any means, but the same level of "hustle" just didnt seem to be there.

Charles Grant and Jason David agrees with this post.

Saints do not need to relive another years worth of a failed 1st round pick with Ellis. I am pretty sure the Saints need to stop drafting DT & DE. Our last five defensive 1st round picks have combined for 137 sacks and 9 int. Not including Saints favorite Jon Sullivan. The five before that going back to Wayne Martin combined for 208 sacks and 16 int. Saints need to do their homework this year when we most likely pick another defensive player in round 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom