Sedrick Ellis (1 Viewer)

It's highly unlikely, I agree, but I've seen a fair number of mocks where, going team by team, Dmac slips to 10

Of course, the dude is a specimen and so will wow people at the combine, but I think everyone already knows what an athlete he is, and so it's more likely that a corner will jump ahead of him.

If that's the case, and if someone takes Ellis (lets say Miami take Dorsey, Oakland take Ellis), who else needs a RB in the top 10?

maybe Baltimore, but they need a QB or a CB more than they need help at RB - Cincy? Also possible, but they also have huge needs on D

Neither miami or St Louis are gonna take McFadden, Atlanta maybe, but it seems more likely they go with Ryan...Oakland? they have a good ground game already and need help on the d-line

KC? LJ...and o-line is crying for help

Jets? this is probably the team most likely to take him...so if they go D, Dmac slides down to 10, since i seriously, seriously doubt Belichik takes him

This is of course assuming noone trades up to take him before 10, but it doesn't seem so far fetched does it?
I think Oakland possibly takes McFadden. Fargas is a free agent and I don't think they were satisfied with Lamont Jordan.

I think Oakland possibly takes McFadden. Fargas is a free agent and I don't think they were satisfied with Lamont Jordan.

I am working on my mock draft and I can't see how both him and Dorsey will go in the top 4. I can't see Al Davis passing on a guy like McFadden.

If Dorsey goes in the top 2, Ellis should be available at #10. There is no way both Dorsey and Ellis goes before we pick. If Ellis goes before Dorsey, then we should get Dorsey.

If Dorsey goes in the top 2, Ellis should be available at #10. There is no way both Dorsey and Ellis goes before we pick. If Ellis goes before Dorsey, then we should get Dorsey.

You don't think the Bengals would snag Ellis up at #9?

I don't understand as fans why this would be exciting?.........a rookie DT isn't going to get us in the playoffs alone.I would rather get an experienced guy through free agency like Williams from the Packers,I really like what I had seen of him in the Seattle/Greenbay game.Then we take Golston or BPA at the 10th pick of corse entertaining any interesting trades purposed.

I don't understand as fans why this would be exciting?.........a rookie DT isn't going to get us in the playoffs alone.I would rather get an experienced guy through free agency like Williams from the Packers,I really like what I had seen of him in the Seattle/Greenbay game.Then we take Golston or BPA at the 10th pick of corse entertaining any interesting trades purposed.

I honestly think its a moot point with Elllis... the way he's dominating at the SB... there's no way he gets to #10. Hell Dorsey has a better chance to slip than Ellis because Ellis is out there competing while Dorsey recovers.

It does seem that the Bengals are looking closely at Sed. Here's an article on their official website, with an interview with Ellis:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6604

"The last two years at 'SC we played a lot of 3-4 and I'm comfortable playing the zero technique," Ellis said. "And I can play the left or the right (in a 4-3). Whatever you need. To me what it takes to make it in the NFL is not being one-dimensional. You have to be able to rush the passer and stop the run. And you have to have longevity."

That's why Ellis says he looks to the "classics" for role models at the position: "Warren Sapp, Booger McFarland," and Yahoo's Murphy does compare Ellis' penetration and physical play to how McFarland plugged the Tampa Two for so many years.

You are right a rookie DT might not get us into the playoffs, but we are talking about a player that may significantly improve our defense for the next 10 years allowing our high powered offense to get into the playoffs. If you need evidence of what a dominant DT can do for a team look at Tennessee and Haynesworth.

I think that we draft a DT and then use our money in free agency money on positions like S and CB were rookies almost never make an impact.

What would be the point in drafting Gholston we already have 2 defensive ends its like spinning our tires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom