Sedrick Ellis's draft stock dropping? (1 Viewer)

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
Fallers

"Sedrick Ellis DT Southern California Ellis is slipping down boards after a surprisingly poor showing during drills at the Combine. While his play on the field continues to earn him high first-round grades, any consideration of Ellis being the first overall pick may have vanished with very pedestrian times in the 40 (5.32), short shuttle (4.73), and three-cone drills (7.78). Ellis is too disruptive to fall far, but in a draft as convoluted at the top as this one, his poor workouts are likely to throw a scare into teams at the top."

http://sportsline.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers

I hadn't heard this. Could be great news for us. The below story is why it could prove to be a positive for the Saints.

"They swarmed the kid working out, the NFL scouts hounding his every move. They expected a lot, his reputation was big after all, but most didn't seem to get what they wanted from the workout, leaving disappointed.

But one scout didn't let that workout change his assessment. He knew the kid could play, and that's what mattered. It was all on the tape. So as the scout left that workout five years ago, he did so with a sly smile on his face, hoping like heck the poor showing would help drop the player down to his team.

"Bad workout?" the scout said that day. "Let them all think that."

The player did drop. The scout's team did pick him. That player was Baltimore Ravens defensive end Terrell Suggs.

That scout was Phil Savage, now the general manager of the Cleveland Browns.

That's one of my favorite Savage stories. We both still joke about it. I knew he was playing coy back then since I knew he wasn't one of those scouts who let Suggs' so-so workout at the Arizona State campus change his conviction."

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10702170

Terrell Suggs was seen as a potential top 5 pick. He ended up sliding to the Ravens with pick number........................10

The man has no game what so ever........ Only New Orleans, the oft jokes of the NFC, would pick this guy. Can you imagine how sorry their defense would be with Grant, Ellis, Thomas and Smith?

The man has no game what so ever........ Only New Orleans, the oft jokes of the NFC, would pick this guy. Can you imagine how sorry their defense would be with Grant, Ellis, Thomas and Smith?

Are you on crack? Seriously, you must be being facetious here.

Real.. watch yourself...most of the time I'm on board with the things you say.

I was JOKING!

I nominate this as the new sarcasm smiley: :Singe1301:

He's the 2nd coming of Sullivan. They should just let him fall to #10 so we can pick him. I mean, we've already gone through that once, we can bare the burden again. :):Singe1301:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom