Sedrick Ellis's draft stock dropping? (1 Viewer)

lol david. remember derrick johnson. theres no way he would fall. there will be surprises. i cant wait for draft day.

Good stuff!

I really do think both Dorsey and Ellis will fall in our range and pass some teams that people fear (Falclowns, Raiders, Rams)

The only problem we start running into, is when it's Baltimore's time and Cinci's slot. I think the Ravens will take McKelvin cause they don't need a DT (they need a DE), but they could go BPA, but it seems like they are all over Leodis. So, that will leave 2 DT's for the Bengals to pick...so we will get 1 of the 2. I actually prefer Ellis since Orgeron knows him.

Guys, he won't fall, you can count on that.

One of them will fall. You can count on that. There are 4 elite DE's, a QB, two elite OT's, an elite RB, and an elite CB projected to go around the same time. I think one of them will make it too ten.

Regardless of the "drop", I believe we'll still need to move up to get him. Folks buy into the "numbers" too much, but I dont think this will turn teams off from drafting him high.

His numbers were good for a DT. I think people expected him to blow the spot up. When he performed good, but not great, people seemed to downgrade his value. These tests that they put kids through at the combine and their pro-days are iffy at best. Look no further than the game films and you'll know the type of player you're drafting.

Ellis has really short arms. Has to have his shirts custom made.

Dorsey's legs are in such bad shape that he has to take calcium supplements just so he can get out of bed in the morning.

How does Ellis'es college career compare to that of Sully's (when we jumped up to grab him)? I know they are not entirely compatible but would like to know what experts said on both players.

The more I think about it the more I believe the Saints will actually trade up this draft.

The man has no game what so ever........ Only New Orleans, the oft jokes of the NFC, would pick this guy. Can you imagine how sorry their defense would be with Grant, Ellis, Thomas and Smith?

To continue the sentence: ...along with those other worthless cast-offs like Gay, Vilma, Morgan, and whazzis name that the Cowboys didn't want ...oh, yeah --Fujita. What a sorry defense the Saints would have if all this came to pass. :hihi:

/sarcasm off

SLWT...great post.

Lets just bring back Norman Hand and Grady Jackson, they were nice plugs in the middle. But for real, we should of kept these guys with Sammy Knight and numerous others, because we never really replaced them. Thank god we finally got Hollis.

Well, it's a tough decision for Loomis, Rick Mueller and Payton. Is the current crop of cornerbacks good enough (Cromartie, Jenkins, McKelvin, Talib)? Certainly none of them is a Marcus Trufant type of player. Is any of those corners going to be any better than Usama Young? If not, I'd say take a chance on Sedrick Ellis if he's there at #10. His position coach is going to be Ed Orgeron.

Regarding the pick of Jonathan Sullivan, what hurt the most that year is that the Saints gave up two picks in the first round to move up to get him. If I"m not mistaken, the Cardinals used one of those picks to draft Calvin Pace, who just signed a six-year contract with the Jets.

Interesting comparison to Suggs. Suggs was projected to go as the 4th pick to the Bears in 2003, but feel to pick #.....

Can history repeat itself. I would say that would be a GREAT pick at 10 worth the risk even if he doesnt pan out.

What would be the worst ever is if both Dorsey and Ellis fall down the draft boards and as the Ravens are on the clock suddenly both of them go to Balt and Cincy... The anticipation and excitement that would be pulled out of my heart might actually physically hurt me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom