Seeking prayers from the SR.com family (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I'm asking for prayers from the SR.com community.

We're going through a very trying time at the moment.

My mother's taken a sharp decline over the last few months, due to Dementia.

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

Think about us in your prayers, if you can, thanks.

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
my gramps passed away this may at age 99... 2 days before my birthday and 5 months before his 100th.... he didn't remember us anymore but that didn't stop us from going there to see him every sunday.....

Reaction score
From someone who just went through a very tough time. Prayers from this board and all you’re friends can help you very much. If you are religious or not the feeling of love can be unreal, and give you strength. So my prayers are definitely with you.

CentMSSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I can say I know how you feel going through the period of watching your parents decline and eventually passing on, whether that decline be due to dementia, Alzheimers, or other diseases or illnesses. My mother was in a nursing home for 10 years before passing away in 2013 as a result of Mutliple Sclorosis and COPD. My middle sister died of a heart attack 6 weeks later at age 49, and my step-father in 2015 from several strokes and heart problems. So, as I said, I know how you feel.
Cherish every moment that you have with your mom, and know that God is in control at all times. He knows what is best and will guide you and your family through this difficult time in your life. I know it's hard, but stay positive, especially around her, and remember the great times that you had when she could remember you all. That is what she would want.
Prayers for you and your family always!!!!!!

Last edited:

SLAPNUTS

All-Pro
Reaction score
My dad passed away less than 11 months ago, a victim of Alzheimer’s. I was sitting here hours before seeing this thread, thinking of him & trying not to tear up, as my daughter was getting ready for a soccer game. I have been bawling while reading the responses...for my pop as well as the rest of you here that have gone through this. My prayers go out to you & your family. I appreciate the other posters words of support. I hope they comfort you as they have me.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I will pray for strength for you and your family and all the caregivers who may be involved in your mother's care.

SAINT BIGAL

Just think'n out loud...
Reaction score

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

We went through the same experience a few years ago. It's a an awful thing! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

You and your family are in my prayers. God bless brother.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Just a quick update, we appear to be nearing the end of this particular journey. It's been incredibly tough, and your continued prayers are appreciated.
So sorry to hear that.

May her passing be peaceful and may you and your family find solace while moving forward. Eventually, you will find the strength to celebrate the memories of her time with you, more than mourning her loss.

(Not trying to rush things - just reading into your above post)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom