Seeking prayers from the SR.com family (1 Viewer)

Mom passed away late this afternoon, surrounded by her loving children.

She fought really hard at the end, trying to stay with us, harder than I think I could have, but she's with our dad now, enjoying a great reunion. All is well.

I'd like to give my heartfelt thanks for all the caring thoughts and well wishes that were posted in this thread. I'm going to save it for posterity so I'll have it in the future when I can think back on this time with remembrance instead of grief.

We're bound together by our love for the Saints, but that does make us an extended family. That was never made more clear to me than in the last few months. Hopefully, the sun will eventually shine for me again.

So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your loved ones as you go through the grieving process. No platitudes or cliches can suffice as each one must walk through it as individuals.

We are here for you. God bless you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You most definitely have your Who Dat Family here always.

It was a tough day for me too yesterday as I was thinking back on my father who passed away just 5 years ago. March 6th has become a day I dread each year, but I try each year since to think only of the happy memories I shared with him and I celebrate his life by getting together with family. We have dinner and share stories. I find this to be very helpful.

You have my Sincerest Condolences... I am sorry sorry to hear this news...

I hope I never have to go through this. I'd rather go quickly. But in so many ways, it's always harder on the care givers left behind and who may feel guilty for feeling relief that the suffering is over for the loved one who is now free from worldly cares. I take after my Dad in many ways; but, thankfully not when it comes to death. He could never talk about it but Mom's attitude toward death informed mine which makes me always remember, Death is a part of life.

There are many poems with similar messages but here's the poem we found Mom had tucked in a book and we printed it in the bulletin for her service:

When I come to the end of the road
and the sun has set on me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room,
why cry for a soul set free.
Miss me a little--but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
miss me--but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take,
and each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart,
go to the friends we know.
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
miss me--but let me go.

I hope I never have to go through this. I'd rather go quickly. But in so many ways, it's always harder on the care givers left behind and who may feel guilty for feeling relief that the suffering is over for the loved one who is now free from worldly cares. I take after my Dad in many ways; but, thankfully not when it comes to death. He could never talk about it but Mom's attitude toward death informed mine which makes me always remember, Death is a part of life.

There are many poems with similar messages but here's the poem we found Mom had tucked in a book and we printed it in the bulletin for her service:

When I come to the end of the road
and the sun has set on me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room,
why cry for a soul set free.
Miss me a little--but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
miss me--but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take,
and each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart,
go to the friends we know.
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
miss me--but let me go.

Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem MM. How very apropos.
Do you know the name of the author/title?

Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem MM. How very apropos.
Do you know the name of the author/title?
No. I just call it "Miss Me But Let Me Go". I have seen many names attached to it including "anonymous", so I have no idea who REALLY wrote it. And I can't remember what name, if any, was on the clipping of it that my mom had. I also have no idea how long she had that clipping. I feel like she held on to it for probably 20 years or more.

Prayers Supe. So sorry for your loss.

I'm asking for prayers from the SR.com community.

We're going through a very trying time at the moment.

My mother's taken a sharp decline over the last few months, due to Dementia.

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

Think about us in your prayers, if you can, thanks.
Sending prayers

I'm asking for prayers from the SR.com community.

We're going through a very trying time at the moment.

My mother's taken a sharp decline over the last few months, due to Dementia.

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

Think about us in your prayers, if you can, thanks.
Prayers. Went through it with my father in law. Tough.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope it gets better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom