Seeking prayers from the SR.com family (2 Viewers)

I'm asking for prayers from the SR.com community.

We're going through a very trying time at the moment.

My mother's taken a sharp decline over the last few months, due to Dementia.

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

Think about us in your prayers, if you can, thanks.

I can identify, and I feel for you. My father was diagnosed with Frontal Lobe Dementia about 7 years ago. He is in the latter stages. To make matters worse, my father in-law was also diagnosed with the same a about three years ago. So this process will be ongoing for a while for my family. Dementia is a terrible thing to watch them go through, and is extremely hard on the families involved, mentally, physically, and financially as well.

Praying for you and yours. That Jesus give you strength and walk you all through these tough times.

Praying for you SuperSaint!!! My best friend just recently went through this with her mom and it was very challenging for her.

In the end, she had to put her in a group home which gave her some amazing palliative care and she had a great few last months before it was her time to move on from this Earth.

At this point, all you can do is love your mom and make sure your mom has great care. Giving you big hugs. No one wants to ever have to deal with this. Peace to you and your family.

Last edited:

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

I am sorry for everyone in your family. My father in law was diagnosed at the early age of 58 and passed 14 years later. My mother in law took care of him for pretty much by herself. Stay strong in your faith and God Bless you and your family it's not easy it is very heart breaking hang in there.

Done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom