Seeking prayers from the SR.com family (1 Viewer)

I'm so thankful to all of you for the kind words, prayers and sentiments.

The course we're on is a rocky one, and it changes every day. It gives me a great feeling to be able to view this thread and, for just a moment, to leave the real world behind for a time.

I'm asking for prayers from the SR.com community.

We're going through a very trying time at the moment.

My mother's taken a sharp decline over the last few months, due to Dementia.

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

Think about us in your prayers, if you can, thanks.

Prayers!

my gramps passed away this may at age 99... 2 days before my birthday and 5 months before his 100th.... he didn't remember us anymore but that didn't stop us from going there to see him every sunday.....

From someone who just went through a very tough time. Prayers from this board and all you’re friends can help you very much. If you are religious or not the feeling of love can be unreal, and give you strength. So my prayers are definitely with you.

I can say I know how you feel going through the period of watching your parents decline and eventually passing on, whether that decline be due to dementia, Alzheimers, or other diseases or illnesses. My mother was in a nursing home for 10 years before passing away in 2013 as a result of Mutliple Sclorosis and COPD. My middle sister died of a heart attack 6 weeks later at age 49, and my step-father in 2015 from several strokes and heart problems. So, as I said, I know how you feel.
Cherish every moment that you have with your mom, and know that God is in control at all times. He knows what is best and will guide you and your family through this difficult time in your life. I know it's hard, but stay positive, especially around her, and remember the great times that you had when she could remember you all. That is what she would want.
Prayers for you and your family always!!!!!!

Last edited:
My dad passed away less than 11 months ago, a victim of Alzheimer’s. I was sitting here hours before seeing this thread, thinking of him & trying not to tear up, as my daughter was getting ready for a soccer game. I have been bawling while reading the responses...for my pop as well as the rest of you here that have gone through this. My prayers go out to you & your family. I appreciate the other posters words of support. I hope they comfort you as they have me.

I will pray for strength for you and your family and all the caregivers who may be involved in your mother's care.

I'm asking for prayers from the SR.com community.

We're going through a very trying time at the moment.

My mother's taken a sharp decline over the last few months, due to Dementia.

Anyone who has gone through this knows what I'm talking about. Watching a loved one turn into a complete stranger is almost too much to bear, and it changes you forever.

Think about us in your prayers, if you can, thanks.
We went through the same experience a few years ago. It's a an awful thing! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom