Saints Seems like every other team expected to sign Bridgewater (Speculation) (2 Viewers)

The context is Teddy proved he could lead this team to wins,
But that is not the context.

In that 5 game stretch, the only team above .500 the Saints beat was the Seahawks, and it took a pick 6 and a punt returned for a TD to beat them.

The other 4 teams, they ended .500 or below and didn't even sniffed the playoffs.

In one game, the offense scored only 12 points, no TD's, against the "vaunted" Dallas defense, and somehow ended winning the game.

In another, the offense scored 13 points and ended up winning the game too, because the Jacksonville offense was awful.

Everybody passed against Tampa Bay. This is the only game in which Bridgewater threw for more than 300 yards, btw.

and that he got the nod to start 5 crucial games because Payton trusted him over Taysom.
I don't know about that. I'd say, it was more about the playbook that had been put together and the role Taysom had in that playbook, rather than trust.

I love Taysom. But he has never shown the ability to be a QB1. He is best as a receiver/runner/utility knife and his career would be better served making that his focus.
Of course. :hihi:

Same as we don't get why others immediately discard Taysom as a QB.

Taysom has not gotten the opportunity to even practice full time as QB but for a month (maybe) with the Packers 3 years ago. Yet, the talent is obvious (size, mobility, arm strength, etc), so are the glimpses on the field.
Neither has Teddy gotten the full benefit of an offense designed for him except when he was the starter at Minne. Taysom Hill offers a different dimension just like Vick/Jackson/ Watson as opposed to the traditional Brady/Brees/ Montana. Both effective QB styles. but you have to shape your offense around any QB with any combination of attributes from these styles.

It's funny how the one-trick posters with <50 posts who registered less than 2 months ago always, always show up to the Teddy Bridgewater threads.

Neither has Teddy gotten the full benefit of an offense designed for him except when he was the starter at Minne.
...so.. Bridgewater did get the benefit of an offense designed for him.

But that is not the context.

In that 5 game stretch, the only team above .500 the Saints beat was the Seahawks, and it took a pick 6 and a punt returned for a TD to beat them.

The other 4 teams, they ended .500 or below and didn't even sniffed the playoffs.

In one game, the offense scored only 12 points, no TD's, against the "vaunted" Dallas defense, and somehow ended winning the game.

In another, the offense scored 13 points and ended up winning the game too, because the Jacksonville offense was awful.

Everybody passed against Tampa Bay. This is the only game in which Bridgewater threw for more than 300 yards, btw.

And this is the main reason I've been on the fence about whether or not teams would offer Teddy a multi-year starting QB contract this offseason. I could see it going either way. He's definitely a QB you can win with if you have the talent around him. He's not the type of QB to lose games for you. It's just that in Minny and in New Orleans this year, he was just that... A competent QB that doesn't make bad decisions and beat himself. Usually, it seems that teams tend to look for a QB who's a bit more of a game-changer.

Not to say that Teddy can't be that or become that. He's got the tools and he's young and likely hasn't approached his ceiling yet. But for a team to make a big all-in commitment to him based on his body of work seems a stretch to me. That's why I'm surprised by all the teams rumored to be in the running for him.

And this is the main reason I've been on the fence about whether or not teams would offer Teddy a multi-year starting QB contract this offseason. I could see it going either way. He's definitely a QB you can win with if you have the talent around him. He's not the type of QB to lose games for you. It's just that in Minny and in New Orleans this year, he was just that... A competent QB that doesn't make bad decisions and beat himself. Usually, it seems that teams tend to look for a QB who's a bit more of a game-changer.

Not to say that Teddy can't be that or become that. He's got the tools and he's young and likely hasn't approached his ceiling yet. But for a team to make a big all-in commitment to him based on his body of work seems a stretch to me. That's why I'm surprised by all the teams rumored to be in the running for him.

I think he is much better then that, but even if you consider Teddy a "game manager", those can earn over 15 million a year.

Teddy on my opinion will be a better option for at least 10 teams right now. Not all of these teams will be looking for a quarterback, we will see how the market is for him.

He only needs two suitors to get a big deal.

Last edited:
Teddy doesn't make costly mistakes, other than taking sacks or being a little too careful with the football. He would do okay on a team with a strong running game and an above average defense. He's definitely not the type to take over a game. He doesn't have the greatest pocket awareness or mobility, and that's his main flaw. That's not to say he can't improve somewhat. He looked better each week he played for us. I just think only a team that has that strong run-game and stingy defense would really benefit from having him.

I sure wish we could’ve tagged him or another year so we could’ve gotten trade value . I think a team would’ve parted with a 2nd for sure maybe a 1st for Teddy
Teddy is in the place where he can make the choice to go where he want.if the saints want him give me a long turn deal.

Teddy doesn't make costly mistakes, other than taking sacks or being a little too careful with the football. He would do okay on a team with a strong running game and an above average defense. He's definitely not the type to take over a game. He doesn't have the greatest pocket awareness or mobility, and that's his main flaw. That's not to say he can't improve somewhat. He looked better each week he played for us. I just think only a team that has that strong run-game and stingy defense would really benefit from having him.
he made the pro bowl.

I show up in a lot of threads. I'm interested in all aspects of the Saints because I'm a Saints fan. The posters I'm referring to.. don't.

I'm really sorry those of us who think Taysom has the potential to be a sensational QB upset you so much.

Please suffer quietly, it is not your place to decide who is a fan and who isn't or who we have a right to discuss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom