Saints Seems like every other team expected to sign Bridgewater (Speculation) (1 Viewer)

I sure wish we could’ve tagged him or another year so we could’ve gotten trade value . I think a team would’ve parted with a 2nd for sure maybe a 1st for Teddy
Nobody would give up a 1st for him. If we play our cards right, we should be able to get a compensatory future 3rd for him.

"dude" Really? Condescending much? And no, the stats I posted are for his preseason games in 2018 and 2019. He had too few regular season passes to make a judgment and the passes he was asked to attempt were typically deep passes which are by nature lower percentage passes. Deep to Kamara (caught) Deep twice to Thomas (caught and caught), deep to Harris (caught).

Ah, the preseason warriors of the past.....Mike Hass.......Onome Ojo........Tory Woodbury.....Andy Tanner.....Nick Toon.....Adrian Arrington.......Adrian McPherson........Garrett Grayson.......we can even go back to RB Paul Frazier during Mora's time......

We all love us some Taysom Hill, but he's not ready for prime time as an every-down QB. Not yet, anyway. Brees is coming back to be the teacher once again. Please don't blow it for him again, defense!

Ah, the preseason warriors of the past.....Mike Hass.......Onome Ojo........Tory Woodbury.....Andy Tanner.....Nick Toon.....Adrian Arrington.......Adrian McPherson........Garrett Grayson.......we can even go back to RB Paul Frazier during Mora's time......

We all love us some Taysom Hill, but he's not ready for prime time as an every-down QB. Not yet, anyway. Brees is coming back to be the teacher once again. Please don't blow it for him again, defense!

Who was the O-Lineman who could do backflips?

Anyone remember Andy Alleman? He was a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, a guard, and he was a hype beast on here for awhile - everyone loved him. He's an account rep for one of my clients now, was on a conference call with him the other day.

Yea I mentioned earlier I'm starting to envision Teddy to the Patriots. I could also see them trying to get Andy Dalton if Cincy picks Burrow.
Very interesting snippet about Belichick interviewing Teddy.

Just need to add that your analysis missed the fact they also have Jarrett Stidham in the system already. Don't forget, Bill didn't flinch about putting his sixth round back up in over Bledsoe when the time came, we don't know how high they rate this guy. For all we know, the Patriots are already planning where else to spend an extra $30m saved by moving on from Brady, with the cheap option.

All that said, I'm not counting out anything already suggested, just adding that they have this option as well.
With all due respect, Tom Brady was put in mid-game during the season because of injury to Drew, there was no decision to make. Stidham is not the same situation at all, nor did anyone ever consider him a Russell Wilson/Dak Prescott mid-rounder people didn't want to take a chance on. If Brady was retiring I could see them rolling the dice on a late rounder like Stidham, with the only pressure being to match their feeble AFC East opponents, but as long as Tom Brady is playing in the NFL, the Patriots are going to play to win now. There is far too much ego and pride at stake. And while people like to pretend those things don't matter, they do, and history shows this.

Who was the O-Lineman who could do backflips?

Anyone remember Andy Alleman? He was a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, a guard, and he was a hype beast on here for awhile - everyone loved him. He's an account rep for one of my clients now, was on a conference call with him the other day.

DL Walter Thomas.

This is getting ridiculous...LOL!

I've also heard that the Bears and Bucs will sign him too.
Because...he is not going to be re-signed by the Saints! What would you expect?

If they hang on to Melvin Gordon and Hunter Henry, the Chargers could be a very nice landing spot for Teddy. A very solid young TE, Austin Ekeler is an excellent receiving RB, and Mike Williams and Keenan Allen... would give him some nice weapons that would compliment his style. The Bolts have the pieces to be a very solid defense as well, if healthy.

This is getting ridiculous...LOL!

I've also heard that the Bears and Bucs will sign him too.
im glad he is getting the attention he is if we dont resign Dreew i really hope we take a long look at him

If they hang on to Melvin Gordon and Hunter Henry, the Chargers could be a very nice landing spot for Teddy. A very solid young TE, Austin Ekeler is an excellent receiving RB, and Mike Williams and Keenan Allen... would give him some nice weapons that would compliment his style. The Bolts have the pieces to be a very solid defense as well, if healthy.
and don't forget if they signed Teddy, they could use that #6 on another starter. The Chargers had an off year, because their roster is loaded. Add Teddy and a strong draft and they're SB contenders. And I would love it if Teddy was playing out here in LA. Even if the initial news wouldn't set LA on fire, Teddy would win them over like he does wherever he plays.

and don't forget if they signed Teddy, they could use that #6 on another starter. The Chargers had an off year, because their roster is loaded. Add Teddy and a strong draft and they're SB contenders. And I would love it if Teddy was playing out here in LA. Even if the initial news wouldn't set LA on fire, Teddy would win them over like he does wherever he plays.

The Chargers could use their 1st rounder on a stud OT or Isaiah Simmons to further bolster their already loaded defense. Either way, them signing Teddy, a good pick in the 1st, and keeping key guys healthy... the Chargers would be a contender next season.

Not saying he's been linked to all of these teams, just considering teams that need or might need a QB.
Great, Good, Okay, or Bad regarding surrounding talent, coaching, and offensive system.

Tampa = Great for Teddy
New Orleans = Great for Teddy
LA Chargers = Great for Teddy
New England = Great for Teddy

Carolina = Good for Teddy
Dallas = Good for Teddy
Indy = Good for Teddy

Chicago = Okay for Teddy
Pittsburgh = Okay for Teddy
Detroit = Okay for Teddy

Jacksonville = Bad for Teddy
Denver = Bad for Teddy
Washington = Bad for Teddy
Miami = Bad for Teddy

Not saying he's been linked to all of these teams, just considering teams that need or might need a QB.
Great, Good, Okay, or Bad regarding surrounding talent, coaching, and offensive system.

Tampa = Great for Teddy
New Orleans = Great for Teddy
LA Chargers = Great for Teddy
New England = Great for Teddy

Carolina = Good for Teddy
Dallas = Good for Teddy
Indy = Good for Teddy

Chicago = Okay for Teddy
Pittsburgh = Okay for Teddy
Detroit = Okay for Teddy

Jacksonville = Bad for Teddy
Denver = Bad for Teddy
Washington = Bad for Teddy
Miami = Bad for Teddy
I agree with your assessments, and thankfully this time around due to demand and circumstance, Teddy will largely have the ability to choose his team. Unlike last year when it was start for a crumbling Dolphins or backup Drew for another year. Great gamble that will pay off considerably in a month's time.

I agree with your assessments, and thankfully this time around due to demand and circumstance, Teddy will largely have the ability to choose his team. Unlike last year when it was start for a crumbling Dolphins or backup Drew for another year. Great gamble that will pay off considerably in a month's time.

He will need to be careful where he signs, if he signs before the Draft. Nothing to stop a team from signing him and drafting his eventual replacement. Similar to what happened with Teddy, the Jets, and Darnold a couple years back.

Of course the contract he's offered should let him know how committed the team is to him.

I'm not so sure he can completely choose which team he wants to go to. It would be best for him if several teams actually do seriously court him. Many rumors this time of year are "leaked" by agents trying to gain leverage and teams blowing smoke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom