Seems like he’s (Drew) been dealing with this injury for a few weeks (1 Viewer)

as bclemms pointed to in his thread, that is a pretty somber Drew post game.

Certainly dont like the "body language" look. Maybe he is tempering his own expectations, but thats not the look of someone convinced he will be fine in a weeks time with rest.

Yet its to be expected for a QB that plays into his 20th year. ( and i probably think he isnt the shot/pill taking kind to mask the pain- )

Reading between the lines - he had a rib injury earlier in the year.

When he was asked about his shoulder two weeks - he said “I got several things going on”. That other thing was his ribs.

And this hit “set things off again”.

I just had an epiphany. He had his helmet on in the second half. Even the TV announcers mentioned it. As an outsider, it looked like he was waiting to feel okay so he could go back in.

No. He was listening to the play calls using his helmet speaker. He was still ingrained in the game.

ETA: He did say he was hoping to go back in. But I believe his helmet was on mainly to listen to the play calls and help Jameis.

he may have several minor injuries. It´s common, he´s 41 and has been hit for +20 years. I think this is not season ending, he will come back even with an ACL tear. Its his last year

I’m hoping he will be ok . I know he’s hurt but I think he is down on himself as well being a competitor like he is.

I think he had a minor strain that became worse and highly uncomfortable with the throwing motion.
A week or 2 ago I thought he injured his shoulder, but now I think he was just testing out his rib area by rotating.

How quickly he answered about being optimistic about next week was reassuring. I still think he has something pretty significant going on that may cost him a week or 2 at least. Hopefully he's alright. We need to get him one more ring.

How quickly he answered about being optimistic about next week was reassuring. I still think he has something pretty significant going on that may cost him a week or 2 at least. Hopefully he's alright. We need to get him one more ring.
Drew is an optimistic guy. It's one of his best qualities and certainly a big part of his leadership abilities.

I think that's why his post-game presser was so disconcerting for so many - he didn't seem negative -- but he did seem very uncertain.

I think the uncertainty is what is so troubling when you get older. It's one of the parts we have to accept as we accept our mortality.

When you're young and you get injured - you know your body is quick to heal and you can push to come back stronger.

When you get older, injuries linger - so you have to find a way to work through them. And then more injuries come and more and more and the cumulative effect is what eventually takes you out of your rhythm or takes you "off schedule". It reaches a point where you can no longer work around the injuries and still be effective and the usual breaks just aren't enough to get you back healthy.

Look at any of the QBs who played for numerous seasons before hanging it up - for each of them there reached a point where their bodies could no longer respond to the "grind". For an elite athlete, I imagine that has to be a hard realization.

Its cliche' but true -- Father Time is undefeated.

The fact that he's been dealing with some type of shoulder/rib injury before this game doesn't make me feel optimistic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom