Selling my Civic and switching to a midsize or large SUV/Crossover, but which one? (1 Viewer)

That looks pretty nice man. Congrats! I've never been much on Fords but I might add that to my list when I start seriously looking in a month or two.

All the add ons are really nice. i enjoy this vehicle way more than my Civic.

Might just put the Saints 50 yr anniversary sticker on it for now. Will probably have a large photography ad with my logo on each side.

Congrats on the car. I'd be somewhat concerned about inviting break ins with a photography ad. Sort of like having a Canon/Nikon branded bag.

On a related note, do you have gear and liability insurance? Mine is through Liberty Mutual (30k/1M/2M) but I might go with a carrier that specializes in photo gear next year.

Congrats on the car. I'd be somewhat concerned about inviting break ins with a photography ad. Sort of like having a Canon/Nikon branded bag.

On a related note, do you have gear and liability insurance? Mine is through Liberty Mutual (30k/1M/2M) but I might go with a carrier that specializes in photo gear next year.

Thanks!

Yea I bundled my insurance with State Farm, I added insurance on my equipment to go along with my car and renters insurance. They gave me a nice bundle discount. It's around $180/mo for all three combined.

Business ad or no business ad, I was planning on getting limo tint for all the back windows as it's my understanding that in Louisiana it's legal to have it for a minivan/suv type vehicle which I would think a Flex falls into that category and not a car? That way people can't see what equipment is in it at least.

Thanks!

Yea I bundled my insurance with State Farm, I added insurance on my equipment to go along with my car and renters insurance. They gave me a nice bundle discount. It's around $180/mo for all three combined.

Business ad or no business ad, I was planning on getting limo tint for all the back windows as it's my understanding that in Louisiana it's legal to have it for a minivan/suv type vehicle which I would think a Flex falls into that category and not a car? That way people can't see what equipment is in it at least.

Does your State Farm insurance include business usage? I used to have a photo PAP with them and they were adamant about no sports or business usage. I'd also want liability coverage for paid gigs and accidents.

Louisiana tint law is covered in RS 32:361.1. The exemption is for "trucks, busses, trailers, motor homes, and multipurpose passenger vehicles" which wouldn't include a Flex (using federal definitions at least). I'd verify with LSP before getting the tint. You would be at risk of tickets in other states as well.

Does your State Farm insurance include business usage? I used to have a photo PAP with them and they were adamant about no sports or business usage. I'd also want liability coverage for paid gigs and accidents.

Louisiana tint law is covered in RS 32:361.1. The exemption is for "trucks, busses, trailers, motor homes, and multipurpose passenger vehicles" which wouldn't include a Flex (using federal definitions at least). I'd verify with LSP before getting the tint. You would be at risk of tickets in other states as well.

I'm not sure, I'm going in sometime this week to finalize all the coverage. I'm also not sure on the tint law because I've seen some tint places include SUV/Crossovers as multipurpose vehicles and some not for that law.

I guess the at risk for tickets in other states goes for everyone technically because our legal limit on just cars is more than what some other states allow. But yea I think I will just ask my buddies who are officers about what the exact law is.

I guess third party sites can be misleading because one specifies between car and SUV/Van laws and one doesn't.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.55.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.55.26 PM.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.57.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.57.58 PM.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 0
I guess third party sites can be misleading because one specifies between car and SUV/Van laws and one doesn't.

Yeah, I'd check direct with LSP to verify that MPV applies to crossovers (federal definition doesn't). I'd want to be compliant from LA to CO if I did that drive, but I'm risk/ticket averse.

State Farm is somewhat notorious for denying claims if you ever shoot sports or they suspect you've earned $1. There are a few providers that specialize in photo insurance if you are in the market. A pro policy should run around $300-$500/yr depending on how much equipment and liability (suggest $1M minimum) you need to cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom