Semi plows into line of cars stopped on interstate in Illinois (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was "just" an accident, not terrorist or crazy related but pretty insane footage. Amazing nobody was killed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/irE5z6X2pL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. He was going full speed too. I wonder if he fell asleep at the wheel? That's amazing nobody was killed.

On a side note, who has a camera pointed out of their rear window? I assume if it would have been and LEO, he would have stopped. So it seems like it was a random person.

On a side note, who has a camera pointed out of their rear window? I assume if it would have been and LEO, he would have stopped. So it seems like it was a random person.

Dashcams and rear facing cams are becoming a lot more popular now that cameras have become so small and inexpensive. They generally record all the time, but then delete and record over themselves etc after a certain amount of time. In the event of an accident involving your car it automatically saves the last few moments before the crash and the after effects and you can also manually hit a button to save the last few moments if you want to save something interesting that happened.

Seems like they are standard issue in Russia by now due to the sheer volume of dash cam and rear facing footage Ive seen from russia (or its just that crazy over there!)

Dashcams and rear facing cams are becoming a lot more popular now that cameras have become so small and inexpensive. They generally record all the time, but then delete and record over themselves etc after a certain amount of time. In the event of an accident involving your car it automatically saves the last few moments before the crash and the after effects and you can also manually hit a button to save the last few moments if you want to save something interesting that happened.

Seems like they are standard issue in Russia by now due to the sheer volume of dash cam and rear facing footage Ive seen from russia (or its just that crazy over there!)

I heard that they're used in Russia a lot due to massive insurance fraud, but I can't remember where I saw that and I'm too lazy to Google it right now.

Wow. He was going full speed too. I wonder if he fell asleep at the wheel? That's amazing nobody was killed.

I've got one facing out of front, rear and both sides. The cameras are cheap and I drive 80k miles a year chasing storms so you never know what I'll see, then sell the videos when I do. For me it's a no brainer.

Video is worth money, a clip like this can net about $10k really quickly but he'll probably give it away to the hundred media outlets that will ask for permission to use it by the end of the day and they'll make the money instead.

Right down the road from my work and I hear about it on Saints Report... Amazing.

insurance related believe it or not.

I've got one facing out of front, rear and both sides. The cameras are cheap and I drive 80k miles a year chasing storms so you never know what I'll see, then sell the videos when I do. For me it's a no brainer.

Video is worth money, a clip like this can net about $10k really quickly but he'll probably give it away to the hundred media outlets that will ask for permission to use it by the end of the day and they'll make the money instead.

With how much stupidity I see on a daily basis driving in South Florida, I seriously have thought about adding a camera to then post the really stupid stuff.

I feel like being a driving critic..haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom