Sen Ron Johnson (1 Viewer)

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can he legally ask one of his constituents to stop visiting and calling his offices?

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The icing on the cupcake is the signature.

At least he didn't weasel it onto one specific staff member, but all of them.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose that gives him plausible deniability when this blows up. :idunno:

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TBH - I'd like to know more about the nature of the contact. If it had crossed over from merely voicing his opinion to harassing and threatening, that letter is entirely appropriate.

PayOrPlay

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There seems to be some dispute about the exact circumstances surrounding this letter.

Milwaukee TV station WDJT reports that it's real but rare. Johnson's office says they've sent a letter like this only twice in two years. The letter at issue here was sent to a constituent named Earl Good who persistently, but politely, called Johnson's office repeatedly each day until he got through to express his concerns.

Good is a Vietnam veteran and calls himself a concerned citizen. He is a registered Democrat and has taken issue with many of the things President Trump has said and done, things he says impacts him directly.

“The reason I reached out to Ron Johnson, I disagreed with several of the cabinet appointments that were made, and I was concerned about the Affordable Health Care Act, privatizing the veteran’s administration, the Russian hacking,” says Good.

He started calling Senator Johnson's D.C. office to voice his opinion after President Trump's inauguration. He says his goal was to influence how his U.S. Senator votes. Good admits he's persistent; so persistent, on one occasion he called Senator Johnson's office 83 times until someone picked up.

"The day before was 40 to get through. The day before that was 8. The day before that was 29, so they’re very aware of who I am by my cell phone number,” says Good.

Good says he's been to Johnson's Milwaukee office on two occasions. He calls the local office "accommodating," but takes issue with the response in D.C.

“I have been aggressive, but the reason I call multiple times is the issue of the day and also because I am a concerned citizen. And I will keep calling, and the reason I continue to dial is until I talk to someone in the office," says Good.
CBS 58 - Milwaukee Man Receives Cease and Desist Letter from Senator John

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Meanwhile, if he was bringing a $100 campaign donation every day, they'd have four native bearers carry him in on a sedan chair like a ******* rajah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom