Senator Obama's Open Letter to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) Community (1 Viewer)

That is a horrible HORRIBLE code.... I could have been Court Marshaled every weekend in Myrtel Beach for years....

Yeah, but you were briefed and you knew it was illegal, both under the UCMJ and South Carolina law...North Carolina law...Virginia laws... :smilielol:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcXm6AgJXAo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcXm6AgJXAo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDfUMtrhV4w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDfUMtrhV4w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ooooo - K.

As I see it, this Fall, sooner or later, this issue is going to crop up in election-land.

When a candidate writes an open letter, as Sen. Obama did in this case, he's firing an opening salvo in a fight that he knows is coming.

I think it's commendable for him to state his position clearly, concisely and up front.

This thread will provide us a point of reference when the opposition seizes upon this topic to whip people into a homophobic fenzy.

Yes, I'm assuming Sen. Obama will be the Democratic nominee.

Homosexuals are no more likely to be pedophiles than heterosexuals are,

I don't want that statement to go unchallenged. The research indicates the vast majority of child molestation is committed by an adult of the same sex (typically male/male). What muddies the research is whether the molester is labeled as a homosexual or a heterosexual. Is sexuality (hetero, homo or bi) an orientation or an activity label? I'm not going to provide links to the research; I'll leave that to the dissenters. However, after reviewing dozens of these studies I've found that when the research is presented if you remove the researcher's labels of the perpetrator related to homo/heterosexual I've found in every case same sex molestation is the rule and not the exception.

I know this is a passionate topic for many and in bygone days anyone that challenged the mainstream is labeled by many in disparaging ways. All I ask is for people to keep an open mind on the topic and not be so quick to buy into the mainstream media mindset, but instead look closely at the research data, methodology and not simply the conclusions/summaries. This approach may not change your position, but it might open you up to a different way of looking at the information.

biglow8.gif

I don't want that statement to go unchallenged. The research indicates the vast majority of child molestation is committed by an adult of the same sex (typically male/male). What muddies the research is whether the molester is labeled as a homosexual or a heterosexual. Is sexuality (hetero, homo or bi) an orientation or an activity label? I'm not going to provide links to the research; I'll leave that to the dissenters.

In other words, this is just a drive-by spew with nothing to back it up and you're just hoping the rest of us don't notice.

Do. Your. Own. Research.

A quick point-of-order to what Dads said about the "Don't ask, don't tell" as it relates to the UCMJ.

I believe the President (any President) could, by Executive Order, eliminate any and all laws relating to homosexuals in the military (ref Truman and racial discrimination).-

I don't want that statement to go unchallenged. The research indicates the vast majority of child molestation is committed by an adult of the same sex (typically male/male). What muddies the research is whether the molester is labeled as a homosexual or a heterosexual. Is sexuality (hetero, homo or bi) an orientation or an activity label? I'm not going to provide links to the research; I'll leave that to the dissenters. However, after reviewing dozens of these studies I've found that when the research is presented if you remove the researcher's labels of the perpetrator related to homo/heterosexual I've found in every case same sex molestation is the rule and not the exception.

I know this is a passionate topic for many and in bygone days anyone that challenged the mainstream is labeled by many in disparaging ways. All I ask is for people to keep an open mind on the topic and not be so quick to buy into the mainstream media mindset, but instead look closely at the research data, methodology and not simply the conclusions/summaries. This approach may not change your position, but it might open you up to a different way of looking at the information.
As someone who was sexually molested as a child I'd say it's 50/50...or at least it was in my case. I didn't catch 'the ghey' from being molested by a male (who was married with children and in church every Sunday...not some "flamer"). And I didn't become some serial rapist from being molested by a female (yes...a 13/14 year old being bedded by a 28 year old counts as molestation). If anything it caused me to be hyper-sensitive and protective of children. Care for any more "research data" or would you rather move on to a more realistic view?

A quick point-of-order to what Dads said about the "Don't ask, don't tell" as it relates to the UCMJ.

I believe the President (any President) could, by Executive Order, eliminate any and all laws relating to homosexuals in the military (ref Truman and racial discrimination).-

As someone who was sexually molested as a child I'd say it's 50/50...or at least it was in my case. I didn't catch 'the ghey' from being molested by a male (who was married with children and in church every Sunday...not some "flamer"). And I didn't become some serial rapist from being molested by a female (yes...a 13/14 year old being bedded by a 28 year old counts as molestation). If anything it caused me to be hyper-sensitive and protective of children. Care for any more "research data" or would you rather move on to a more realistic view?

BullDawg, actually, the CDRs at all levels can disregard the law totally if he so chooses. I did it myself, when I was in command. Tell you that story in a minute, but first let me clarify something for the board. The DADT(DHDP) policy has been tweaked more than MJ's nose. The latest I recall (it has been a couple of years since I was in command, so bear with me) it is changed to "Don't ask, Don't tell, Don't harrass, Don't pursue."

Story time: I gave an E4 and AR 15, because he was continuously trying to get another female E7 in trouble for being a lesbian. I liked both of them, because they were both hard workers, but the guy would not drop it, even after a warning from me. Top got wind of him saying that the CDR is not "doing his job" and should have taken action. He was also telling people that he "overheard her talking dirty to another girl on the phone..." That did it for me...the day had not gone by before we had all the paperwork needed to "show him some love." Oh yeah, the female was very much in love with another woman and I had to make her not bring the lady around unit events (that got a little hairy as well). The guy ultimately was in love with a woman that does not like men...go figure.

Bottom Line, and after much interaction with legal..lol, I gave him 7 days extra duty and 7 days forfeiture of pay for Lying (separate charge); breaking the Army's DADTDHDP policy by Harrassing and Pursuing another Soldier (separate charge). It was not a lot, but enough to wake his azz up to the facts. Top wanted me to also give him a suspended bust, but I declined.

All of this is to inform the board that the military is VERY STRICT on this policy, but not in the aspect most people think. We are strict in letting people live their lives, as long as they are not influencing or encroaching on others. I have my personal views of homosexuality (some you can find in these threads), but, in person, I keep it to myself.

The only time I ever get offended (if that's the emotion; honestly, it may be digust) is when I encounter someone who is trying to be super effeminate. I'm talking - Ru Paul to the umpteenth degree. That will get me out of kilter in a hurry.

Obama has the right attitude. Speaking for the Military, we need people, so why not let them serve w/o wondering when SWAT is going to come and punish them because their love choices are different. As long as LGT et al are not hurting others, not trying to recruit or influence, living their lives and leaving others alone, we need to leave them alone.

Last edited:
In other words, this is just a drive-by spew with nothing to back it up and you're just hoping the rest of us don't notice.

Do. Your. Own. Research.

Just to be clear. I've done the research; and this point has been debated on this board in the past. I agree with you point that this is better studied on your own. I have no desire to engage in a *** for tat research study posting flame war.

Is there a double-standard?: Dads viewpoint is provided with no links to any research indicating it's his personal opinion (he doesn't indicate what forms the basis of his opinion nor is he required to do so), and I counter that my opinion is based on my review of the research.

BD, you bring up a good point which is we need to protect our children from potential child molesters. Here are a few links to sites that provide information for parents to help protect their children:

http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1487
http://www.childabuseprevention.org/

Gays.. Lesbians.. transgendered ... people dont bother me ... what they do in their privacy is their business..... child molesters on the other hand... need to have their tweepage surgically removed.....There is a difference between the two....one is a predetermined orientation.... the other is a sickness....

Just to be clear. I've done the research; and this point has been debated on this board in the past. I agree with you point that this is better studied on your own. I have no desire to engage in a *** for tat research study posting flame war.

Is there a double-standard?: Dads viewpoint is provided with no links to any research indicating it's his personal opinion (he doesn't indicate what forms the basis of his opinion nor is he required to do so), and I counter that my opinion is based on my review of the research.

BD, you bring up a good point which is we need to protect our children from potential child molesters. Here are a few links to sites that provide information for parents to help protect their children:

http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1487
http://www.childabuseprevention.org/
So if you've researched this, how on earth can you equate homosexuality with child molestation? And don't give me the argument that boys are most likley to be molested by men. While statistically true it is a misguided assumption that the child molestor is a homosexual. Roughly 97% of child molestors are male! And most victims are girls! Therefore the argument could be made that a heterosexual male is more likely to be a child molestor than a homosexual male. Right?

btw...

• About 60% of the male survivors sampled report at least one of their perpetrators to be female.
-Mendel, 1993
http://www.yellodyno.com/html/child_molester_stats.html

The fact of the matter is child molestation is a predatroy crime. Pure and simple. It has nothing to do with one's sexual "orientation" and everything to do with a vile desire to take advantage of the powerless.

The fact of the matter is child molestation is a predatroy crime. Pure and simple. It has nothing to do with one's sexual "orientation" and everything to do with a vile desire to take advantage of the powerless.

Yep, in most cases psychologist believe it's not even an actual sexual desire. It's a desire for control that manifests sexually.

What we really need Obama to promise is to do everything in his power to limit the abuse of message boards by recidivist attention whores.

That'll make my decision pretty easy.

I thought it was LGBTQ (Questioning) community? Why are we shunning those of Questioning orientation?

Not to mention the LUGs (Lesbians Until Graduation) or dudes on the down low.

Obama has a long way to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom