Senator Obama's Open Letter to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) Community (1 Viewer)

You've got to admit, DD, that hetero marriages often happen sans children. Two 80-year-olds aren't in the reproduction game anymore, but they get the same benefits you and I do.

You've got to admit, DD, that hetero marriages often happen sans children. Two 80-year-olds aren't in the reproduction game anymore, but they get the same benefits you and I do.

Sure, nothing is perfect.

But, I think if you go back and read some of the reasonings and discussions behind the adoption of the current set of laws and tax codes, you'll find quite a bit of impassioned arguments which relate the legislation directly to providing relief to the cost burden of families and parents.

Sure, nothing is perfect.

But, I think if you go back and read some of the reasonings and discussions behind the adoption of the current set of laws and tax codes, you'll find quite a bit of impassioned arguments which relate the legislation directly to providing relief to the cost burden of families and parents.

Which are also modeled on a way of life that is happening less and less frequently, A male wage earner and a female slave, I mean homemaker. Time to update things and get with the times. Freedom of religion was pretty much a fundamental building block of this country but that hasn't stopped much of the Christian Right from updating that to Freedom of Religion for the majority or those that believe like I do. :dunno:

Which are also modeled on a way of life that is happening less and less frequently, A male wage earner and a female slave, I mean homemaker. Time to update things and get with the times. Freedom of religion was pretty much a fundamental building block of this country but that hasn't stopped much of the Christian Right from updating that to Freedom of Religion for the majority or those that believe like I do. :dunno:

I'm 51, Hoya. Lord knows what you're going to have to deal with when you're 51...things that you thought would never, ever change.

And I think you're being rather disengenous, labeling the husband-wife relationship, past or present as a "male wage earner and female slave."

My mother certainly did not consider herself to be a slave. She was a manager...of the home...of us kids...of my father...of the family finances...of the vegeable garden...of the groceries...

Nope. Not a slave. I don't buy that at all. Neither would she, God rest her soul.

Civil unions are fine by me. Then, let the state jurisdictions get to decide what's what.

See, to me, you're expanding the very definition of the term "marriage" when you include same-sex unions under that word. Moreover, same sex unions usually do not bear the additional costs associated with a marriage.

Granting same-sex couples the exact same breaks which were given to married heterosexuals because of children is giving away something for nothing, other than political correctness, in my view.

So let gays marry so long as they swear to adopt. Lord knows there's no shortage of supply of kids needing stable, two-parent homes.

Daughter #2 is married, she's Son-in-law #1's problem now, not mine! :hihi:

Question:

If one of your daughters wanted to get married to another girl.....would you have to pay for the wedding?

Cuz, that might be a way to at least cut your future expenses in half.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom