Senio Bowl News (1 Viewer)

scormi5

Veteran
Reaction score
Sedrick Ellis barely measured over 6 foot. That is shoooort.

yankmccobb76

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm surprised Highsmith weighed in at 230. I almost expected him to be under 220.

Also, I think Terrell Thomas and Jamar Adams are to we may have our sights on.

I'm interested in seeing what Crable runs in the 40. Big LB'er.

Last edited:

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score

Good, maybe that will cause him to slip to us at #10.

IMO, it's dangerous to get caught up too much in how tall a guy is, or how much he weighed, or if he looked "buff" in his undies.

Look at game tape... If the guy is a good player, you'll see it on the field. The film doesn't lie.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
Good, maybe that will cause him to slip to us at #10.

IMO, it's dangerous to get caught up too much in how tall a guy is, or how much he weighed, or if he looked "buff" in his undies.

Look at game tape... If the guy is a good player, you'll see it on the field. The film doesn't lie.

With this in mind, I really hope we don't grab DT Kentwan Ballmer at #10. A guy with a questionable work ethic and motor, who is said to lack in "football smarts", and has been an underachiever his whole career... and then finally turns it on his senior year...?

This guy scares the crap outta me.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good, maybe he'll drop to Pick #10. :hihi:

He's definitely well below average for his position, but there have been of successful DTs that were 6'0" or less.

Edit: DWD beat me to the point. I really need to finish a post before doing more work at the office. ;)

Rich Jr

SR is my life!
Reaction score
With this in mind, I really hope we don't grab DT Kentwan Ballmer at #10. A guy with a questionable work ethic and motor, who is said to lack in "football smarts", and has been an underachiever his whole career... and then finally turns it on his senior year...?

This guy scares the crap outta me.
How much football smarts should a DT have? Shed the block, tackle the RB. If the QB keeps the ball, tackle him.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
How much football smarts should a DT have? Shed the block, tackle the RB. If the QB keeps the ball, tackle him.

I see what you're saying, but IMO the position takes more smarts than one might think. You've got to be able to reckognize what the O-line is doing, notice if you're being set-up for a screen pass, be aware of assignments ect...

Rich Jr

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Man just read Fred Davis is listed at 6-foot-4 but actually measured in at 6-foot-2 1/2

OP
Conrad

Conrad

Reaction score
If Sedrick Ellis falls to 10 because he is 6' I will buy that tape measure dinner and a movie.

It will be interesting to see what Mike Singletary thinks about Rivers because he was bang on with which LBs at the senior bowl would turn out last year.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Warren Sapp did too. If you have talent, you can use that to your advantage. Leverage is a big part of line play...

OP
Conrad

Conrad

Reaction score
I agree that height is an overrated stat for DTs in my career I got moved to OT from DT because I was to tall.

Kentwalm Balmer has boom or bust written all over him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom