Senio Bowl News (1 Viewer)

Did Rivers look bad or just not as good as Connor?

I think that Connor will fall for the same reason that Poz did he is limited athleticly he has probably maxed himself out.

Thats whats happening today with some schools. Players are maxing there abilities because of the way college ball has gotten to. They have hit the ceiling and are what they are and just can't keep up or hold up once in the NFL.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijMhukAKaa0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijMhukAKaa0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Did Rivers look bad or just not as good as Connor?

I think that Connor will fall for the same reason that Poz did he is limited athleticly he has probably maxed himself out.

Poz failed? Man, that was almost faster than some Meachem bust proclamations I've seen on here. He played 3 games and had 26 tackles (22 in the first 2 games...he was injured in the 3rd) before having to be placed on IR. :shrug:

Edit, I can't read worth a lick. :covri:

Last edited:
Info I got from someone at the Senior Bowl. Chevis might not be a bad homer pick..

Chevis Jackson has looked really good in these 1-on-1's. He is playing really physical and has been effective against a bunch of receivers. He has knocked balls away from Limas Sweed and Donnie Avery.

Our guys continue to praise the play of Chevis Jackson, but they wonder if his physical play would draw flags in the NFL. The defensive backs in general have played a physical brand of defense.

Poz failed? Man, that was almost faster than some Meachem bust proclamations I've seen on here. He played 3 games and had 26 tackles before having to be placed on IR. :shrug:
"Fall" not "fail." Poz did indeed fall into the second round iirc despite many having him as a potential first rounder.

"Fall" not "fail." Poz did indeed fall into the second round iirc despite many having him as a potential first rounder.

You see, this is what happens when you are forced to work on a federal holiday...you lose all reading comprehension skills. :covri:

Info I got from someone at the Senior Bowl. Chevis might not be a bad homer pick..

Rivers/Conner in the 1st...

Chevis in the 2nd...

Call me a homer or whatever... but LSU CBs play on islands... that's just the way it is. I also love the mention of him being too physical and may draw flags... that means he gets in WRs faces... I love it.

I'd definitely spend a 2nd on him if he's still there. If he posts a 4.5 or better I'd do it. Most players play faster than their 40 timies... which are so overrated. Ask Jerry "4.6 40" Rice about how important a 40 time is...

Connors seems to be more athletic then I first thought. He is looks good and is physical. Rivers is huge and a very good sidelines to sidelines player. Doesn't look physical. He definitely pass the eye test though. Let's see how much better he does in the next couple of days. I thought Connors looked the best today.

For the Keith Rivers and Sedrick Ellis fans..

Keith Rivers made the best defensive play so far, breaking up a pass from John David Booty, intended for Kellen Davis, from Michigan State.

After making a great play against his former QB teammate, Keith Rivers was beat by another Trojan, Fred Davis on a slant route.

USC teammates continue to stalk each other as Sedrick Ellis broke through the OL and would have sacked John David Booty.

Man I hope Ellis is there. The kid is going to be special, I just hope its in a Saints jersey.

Tribble looked Horrible! Terrel Thomas looked great i have watched it 2 times i wrote down info

Man I hope Ellis is there. The kid is going to be special, I just hope its in a Saints jersey.

If he is going to keep dominating the senior bowl then he will be gone by pick 6 if not higher.

That was true of past times, but not so much anymore. Players in the past simply weren't as genetically gifted as today's athletes, and thus it is unfair to state that great DTs are short in today's day and age.

Today's (or at least in most recent years in the case of someone like Kris Jenkins) elite DTs are basically 6'2" or taller with some rare exceptions.

Tommie Harris: 6.3
Albert Haynesworth: 6.6
John Henderson: 6.7
Kris Jenkins: 6.4
Haloti Ngata: 6.4
Cory Redding: 6.4
Shaun Rogers: 6.4
Richard Seymour: 6.6 (plays DE in the 3-4 however)
Marcus Stroud: 6.6
Vince Wilfork: 6.2
Jamaal Williams: 6.3
Kevin Williams: 6.5

There are some exceptions for the upper level players such as Casey Hampton at 6'1" and Mike Patterson at 6'0"...but these days upper-echelon DTs are above 6'2" and most get into the 6'4" to 6'6" range. That also holds true for recent draft picks and up-and-comers such as Amobi Okoye, Justin Harrell, Adam Carriker, Corey Williams, etc. Same thing can be said about mid-level players like Tank Johnson and Fred Robbins and aging vets like Pat Williams, Warren Sapp, Keith Traylor, etc.

The fact of the matter is that today's DTs are much taller than Sedrick Ellis. Will that affect his stock? Who knows.

Good point. Yeah, yeah, he's short. He is DEFINITELY not worth a top-9 pick. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom