Senio Bowl News (1 Viewer)

Sedrick Ellis barely measured over 6 foot. That is shoooort.

I'm surprised Highsmith weighed in at 230. I almost expected him to be under 220.

Also, I think Terrell Thomas and Jamar Adams are to we may have our sights on.

I'm interested in seeing what Crable runs in the 40. Big LB'er.

Last edited:

Good, maybe that will cause him to slip to us at #10.

IMO, it's dangerous to get caught up too much in how tall a guy is, or how much he weighed, or if he looked "buff" in his undies.

Look at game tape... If the guy is a good player, you'll see it on the field. The film doesn't lie.

Good, maybe that will cause him to slip to us at #10.

IMO, it's dangerous to get caught up too much in how tall a guy is, or how much he weighed, or if he looked "buff" in his undies.

Look at game tape... If the guy is a good player, you'll see it on the field. The film doesn't lie.

With this in mind, I really hope we don't grab DT Kentwan Ballmer at #10. A guy with a questionable work ethic and motor, who is said to lack in "football smarts", and has been an underachiever his whole career... and then finally turns it on his senior year...?

This guy scares the crap outta me.

Good, maybe he'll drop to Pick #10. :hihi:

He's definitely well below average for his position, but there have been of successful DTs that were 6'0" or less.

Edit: DWD beat me to the point. I really need to finish a post before doing more work at the office. ;)

With this in mind, I really hope we don't grab DT Kentwan Ballmer at #10. A guy with a questionable work ethic and motor, who is said to lack in "football smarts", and has been an underachiever his whole career... and then finally turns it on his senior year...?

This guy scares the crap outta me.
How much football smarts should a DT have? Shed the block, tackle the RB. If the QB keeps the ball, tackle him.

How much football smarts should a DT have? Shed the block, tackle the RB. If the QB keeps the ball, tackle him.

I see what you're saying, but IMO the position takes more smarts than one might think. You've got to be able to reckognize what the O-line is doing, notice if you're being set-up for a screen pass, be aware of assignments ect...

Man just read Fred Davis is listed at 6-foot-4 but actually measured in at 6-foot-2 1/2

If Sedrick Ellis falls to 10 because he is 6' I will buy that tape measure dinner and a movie.

It will be interesting to see what Mike Singletary thinks about Rivers because he was bang on with which LBs at the senior bowl would turn out last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom