Senior Bowl Day 3 (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My :homer: pick

:ezbill:

• LSU CB Chevis Jackson continues to impress. He is consistently in the hip pocket of the South wide receivers, and he has a thicker body with good strength to battle through the routes or to come up and play the run. Jackson is aggressive and will hit. Even Avery, possibly the fastest prospect in the 2008 class, was not able to escape Jackson today. These Senior Bowl practices have been great for Jackson's stock.

Linkage (ESPN INSIDERS)

Last edited:
And would be a perfect fit for the Saints because he does come from a man scheme and has always played well.

Paint me as a:homer:

Sliders

Chevis Jackson/CB/LSU:
Jackson has had a tough go of it most of the week. Today he was beaten badly a number of times and had trouble finding the ball in coverage.

CnnSI's report for Wednesday.

So many conflicting reports... I'll wait til the combine.

Of all the footage I've seen of Jackson from the senior bowl, he looks really good. On most plays, he's in the receiver's hip pocket. Fluid hips and reads the play well. One problem I see with him is being way too physical. The way he's playing may draw a bunch of flags in the NFL. I would definitely say that he is a high second round pick with a chance to sneak into the bottom first if he can run 4.3 at the combine.

Jackson run a 4.3? He'd be lucky to run a 4.5

I have been humming this tune all along.....we will see how the combine 40 time affects him though.

Like I said if... maybe i should made it a BIG if... but i think a high 4.4 (4.47-4.49ish) will probably be his ceiling. if he runs a 4.6, it's over.

Does anyone think forty times are a little over-rated / emphasized by the media?

Does anyone think forty times are a little over-rated / emphasized by the media?

Yes, but you can't have a CB in the NFL running a 4.65 and expect him not to get beat deep by some of the 4.3-4 running recievers he'll cover every week. They are overrated, but there is still a line.

His forty.....I have seen estimations from anywhere from 4.4-4.65. That range is too huge for me to believe one source or the other.

Based off of seeing him play for three years, I am going to guess 4.56......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom