Senior Bowl Linebackers (1 Viewer)

Interesting read on the LB's in the senior bowl. Both Conner & Rivers are impressing apparently, they likened Conner to Lofa Tatupu which says good things.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story...0d5d8063738c&template=with-video&confirm=true

I think that we have all got caught up in the senior bowl hype, me espcially, and it is time to take a step back and look at whether guys like Rivers and Connors are the best options or us or whether a junior like Curtis Lofton would be better.

Mike Singletary pointed out Ali Highsmith as a guy who looked pretty good a minute ago on path to the draft. Wouldnt mind getting him if he's hanging around in the second but will most likely be gone.

I found this site: http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/ (by a Broncos blogger) with great info & pics. DraftDaddy.com had linked to it. I haven't scoured the entire site yet, so if there's something questionable found let me know and I'll remove this link.

I think that we have all got caught up in the senior bowl hype, me espcially, and it is time to take a step back and look at whether guys like Rivers and Connors are the best options or us or whether a junior like Curtis Lofton would be better.

exactly

curtis lofton (regardless of what he runs or tests in the drills) and imo to a lesser extent jarod mayo are both better fits. both are physical beasts in the middle who excel at making plays at or near the line of scrimmage and have a TON of tackles. something that we could definately use at MLB for a damn change

i really dont think weakside backer is nearly as much of an issue

dt, MLB and cb need to be addressed without a doubt. each one has to happen if we want to have a shot in hell at competing in the NFC next year. we have a golden opportunity to get younger, faster and stronger at MLB this year. heres to hoping we finally seize the opportunity and do so

river is 236 and conner and him could both play mlb, and whoever said wlb is not an issue needs to be banned shanle is horrible

I guess we don't need Lofa Tatupu on this team?
:plus-un2: Yeah, no kidding. The writeups on the LB's sound pretty good to me. Besides, we can and should draft more than one LB anyway. I will gladly take one or two of those guys, if possible.

I respect Pat Kirwan's opinion. I think at No. 10 we're sitting pretty. I would be happy with Connor, Adibi or Highsmith if Ellis doesn't fall.

Yeah, I read this on the news page and got very excited. We should definitely be able to pick up a good LB at #10, and I can tell you that good LB's make a bad defense MUCH better. I would especially like to get that kid from Penn State. Great tackler and can cover in the passing game.

I'd LOVE to get one of these guys.

I like Rivers better then Conner because of the enormous amount of ILB talent in the 2nd round (plus I think he is better). We could get Mayo, Lemen, Goff etc. in the 2nd round and have Rivers play his natural OLB position where I'd venture to say he will be his best. We'd be set at LB for years.

Obviously thats a need basis plan though. I'm sure we go BPA in 1 and 2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom