Senior Bowl Video. (1 Viewer)

Just finished watching all the WR vs. DB drills, focusing on the DBs.

Leodis McKlevin looks the best. Great technique, although he looks small and seems to get pushed around a bit. Jason David without the looking into the backfield issue, perhaps.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie looks like an awesome athlete and when he sees the ball attacks it like a WR. Allows some seperation though, he doesn't always seem to stay low. Huge Ceiling, but he needs some work.

Tracy Porter looks like a player. Physical, good technique, good athlete. I could say the same things about Patrick Lee.

Chevis Jackson doesn't look like he has the foot speed to keep up with some of the WRs, but makes some great plays on short routes in press coverage. Probably a really good fit for a cover-2 team.

Dejuan Tribble and Charles Godfrey didn't really impress.

Terrell Thomas looks like a total stiff.

Anyone else come to similar/incredibly different conclusions?

Watched the OL vs. DL drills.

Some more thoughts...

Sedrick Ellis has an incredible combination of power and a quick first step. Far and away is my top choice at 10, if he were to fall, and I wouldn't be against a trade up for him either.

I know very little about Andre Fluellen, but he has some very impressive inside pass moves and quickness. That said, you have to be wary about guys that scouts don't talk about during their college careers but all the sudden show up in the months before the draft.

Dre Moore was pushing everyone he was up against deep into the backfield. Didn't have a quick first step, but that bull rush was impressive.

Red Bryant was supposed to be pretty good, but in every clip he ends up standing up straight and locking up with the OG. That may work in college when you're clearly stronger than your opponenet, but not in the NFL.

Tervor Laws doesn't seem to beat his man a lot, but does always make him work. Looks like the kind of DT you want in a rotation.

Demario Pressley looks brutal.

Just finished watching all the WR vs. DB drills, focusing on the DBs.

Leodis McKlevin looks the best. Great technique, although he looks small and seems to get pushed around a bit. Jason David without the looking into the backfield issue, perhaps.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie looks like an awesome athlete and when he sees the ball attacks it like a WR. Allows some seperation though, he doesn't always seem to stay low. Huge Ceiling, but he needs some work.

Tracy Porter looks like a player. Physical, good technique, good athlete. I could say the same things about Patrick Lee.

Chevis Jackson doesn't look like he has the foot speed to keep up with some of the WRs, but makes some great plays on short routes in press coverage. Probably a really good fit for a cover-2 team.

Dejuan Tribble and Charles Godfrey didn't really impress.

Terrell Thomas looks like a total stiff.

Anyone else come to similar/incredibly different conclusions?

Whoa, please don't compare Leodis to Jason David. He actually was with his receivers. I love his closing speed and reactions to the ball. But I have seen more film on him and he was going up against the best reeiver of the days Andre Caldwell. I agree with Tribble stinking up the joint. I thought Godfrey did ok but you're right about nott impressing. Porter would be a good fit for our sustem but I think he needs to be a bit more physical. If I had to rate these guys at the practices.

Whoa, please don't compare Leodis to Jason David. He actually was with his receivers. I love his closing speed and reactions to the ball. But I have seen more film on him and he was going up against the best reeiver of the days Andre Caldwell. I agree with Tribble stinking up the joint. I thought Godfrey did ok but you're right about nott impressing. Porter would be a good fit for our sustem but I think he needs to be a bit more physical. If I had to rate these guys at the practices.
Hey, Jason David actually gets pretty tight coverage when he isn't making horrendous mistakes. I imagine David looks excellent in 1 on 1 drills.

Okay, who am I kidding. David would bite on play-action.... even if there wasn't a running back.

Hey, Jason David actually gets pretty tight coverage when he isn't making horrendous mistakes. I imagine David looks excellent in 1 on 1 drills.

Okay, who am I kidding. David would bite on play-action.... even if there wasn't a running back.

David's problem has always been technique and his size. His coverage skills when he is actually in coverage are decent and he has 4.4 speed.

Hopefully they can get that all worked out this offseason so he isn't a total waste.

After watching I see a lot of what you did. Cromartie looks good Jackson looks slow but the one guy you did not mention I liked that Lee kid. He looked great in press and player the ball very well when in the air.

I don't know about you guys but I love to see Dlinemen and Olinemen go at it.

On a side note Red Bryant looks like a beast.

Chevis Jackson is going to get called for pass interference every play he gets thrown at.

Very impressed with Patrick Lee, Terrence Wheatley, DeJuan Tribble (had some of the quickest feet) and Tracy Porter.

Terrell Thomas looks extremely stiff

Last edited:
Ellis, Nicks and Pressley.
http://www.rivals.com/video.asp?section=fbrecruit&pkey=&vidtype=amp&vidid=2959

Newgold's original recap is right, DeMario Pressley looks terrible. I don't like this pick all as much as I thought now I've seen this video.
Ellis is the complete opposite, every single play (about 7 or 8) he gets past the OL easy. Nicks looks pretty good too. Actually against Lawrence Jackson he is textbook.

Last edited:
NewGold is da man! Seems his opinions on Big Sed and Tracy Porter were the same as the Saints FO. Good Job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom