Separate thread on the HOT topic with Drew's comments on flag & national anthem (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
For the Mods: I am posting this here (SSF) because of its relevance to Drew Brees' comments and Malcolm Jenkins' response. I honestly believe it needs to be partitioned separately from the other threads.

For the record, I am a Vietnam Era veteran (didn't serve there, though), and a Black man who (as a child) encountered WHITE vs. COLORED water fountains in New Orleans, and had to make a decision on which I would drink from.

Personally, I would much rather not post this on SSF, amidst other passionate WhoDats. My comments may result in permanent scorn and disdain towards me forevermore. But in light of what's going on with respect to the George Floyd (murder) aftermath, I feel it's necessary to bring THIS perspective on racism and police brutality in America.

Again, some may CLOWN, DISLIKE, FACEPALM, etc. this post... and I anticipate that. But there are times when you care enough about your brothers and sisters (and that's what I consider all of you)... to bring them a perspective that they may not have heard elsewhere.

If it results in my being hated from here on out... let the chips fall where they may. But...

I ask that you RESERVE JUDGMENT on the video until you've viewed it to the end.

Thank you.

Bill ("NDCC")

I commend you for trying, and some people may get some value out of this, but it seems to me the lines have been drawn.

Trust me anyone on this board like Brees is grown enough to understand what’s going on in America.

They choose not to know the real history it’s no way you can live in the same country in 2020 and not understand what’s going on

They totally understand and have heard it said a million times it wasn’t to disrespect the soilders.

when players kneeled they had a problem , now they’re tearing stuff up they have a problem? The problem isn’t the method .. ITS THE MESSAGE they catch that out the door though. Stay safe and be blessed

Dialogue is good but at a certain point when facts are ignored it makes no sense.
400+ years of systemic racism , oppression and discrimination. That Shouldn’t have to be taught

I commend you for trying, and some people may get some value out of this, but it seems to me the lines have been drawn.

Because the "lines have been drawn" by so many is the reason WHY this video was produced.

Some have even PRE-judged the video based on the thumbnail photo, thinking it's just another presentation that echoes the majority narrative we're hearing on the news 24/7.

That's the furthest thing from the truth.

I sincerely ask each and every WhoDat to view the video (...which is long: 47 mins), make comments, and share it if you feel led to do so.

I DO NOT believe my message (in this vid) is widely shared, and that's why I feel it's so important to get it posted.

Thank you.

Because the "lines have been drawn" by so many is the reason WHY this video was produced.

Some have even PRE-judged the video based on the thumbnail photo, thinking it's just another presentation that echoes the majority narrative we're hearing on the news 24/7.

That's the furthest thing from the truth.

I sincerely ask each and every WhoDat to view the video (...which is long: 47 mins), make comments, and share it if you feel led to do so.

I DO NOT believe my message (in this vid) is widely shared, and that's why I feel it's so important to get it posted.

Thank you.

Well, I saw part of your video, and you comment on another thread... I don't know this is going to help much.

Well, I saw part of your video, and you comment on another thread... I don't know this is going to help much.

For many, you're absolutely correct. But I'm hoping to reach those who at least have an open mind of objectivity.

For others, the following quote applies:

"A man convinced against his will is of the SAME opinion still."

(Benjamin Franklin)

For many, you're absolutely correct. But I'm hoping to reach those who at least have an open mind of objectivity.

For others, the following quote applies:

"A man convinced against his will is of the SAME opinion still."

(Benjamin Franklin)

Do you really think you are being objective?

I see that this thread was started Yesterday afternoon, on a different board.. However, this morning Brees released a genuine, sincere apology and most of his teammates have stated publicly today that it’s ancient history and theyve moved on.. I suggest you do the same, and start focusing on your hotel arrangements in Tampa for the Super Bowl, instead of rehashing somehting that’s been fully put to rest.

• 1Clown
Reactions: MLU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom